Help! How to clean inside of neverfull?

mrs_rachel_g

Aug 19, 2013
I recently purchased the Tahitenne neverfull with the beautiful pink interior. I didn't get a purse organizer because I don't want to make the bag any heavier and don't carry that much to need one. I just noticed yesterday there are black smudges inside the purse. Any way I can clean these? Please help! 20170510_070506.jpg

I just used my tahitienne speedy and noticed it picked up dirt pretty easy. I don't really like bag organizers but bought it for my tahitienne NF that I may use in the speedy as well....it may be worth getting an organizer to save the interior...

Hi everyone! I was hoping to get someone's opinion about using 3m fabric protector spray on the RB interior? I was on another forum and someone mentioned that. I know a purse organizer will definitely help but it will only protect the bottom and sides but the top part is still exposed... I thought this may be the perfect spot to get an opinion. Thanks!

I spilled a diet coke inside my red DE neverfull at work. I never put liquids in my bag I have no idea why I did so today [emoji24] it figures the one time I ever put a drink in my bag and the top was not screwed on all the way. I get to my meeting and open my bag and the entire bottom is wet with soda ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️ A room full of people watch me dump everything out of my bag and mop up what I could with paper towels frantically. Needless to say I spent the rest of my day counting down the time to get home.

As soon as I get home (approximately 4 hours after the incident) I turn my bag inside out so the red interior is on the outside. I tuck all straps inside.

I sprayed Shout spray directly on the areas soaked with soda.

I put a few drops of dawn dish soap in a large plastic bin and filled it with lukewarm water. I dip the bottom of the bag into the soapy water and use a brand new soft tooth brush to gently scrub the area. I rinsed the entire area with cold water until there are no suds left.

IMG_2340.jpg

IMG_2341.jpg

Using a large clean white towel I dry any leather trim that has gotten wet immediately. Also make sure to dry the canvas if it has gotten wet.

Press the towel against the cloth to remove excess water. I made sure to throughly dry the zippered pocket. I pulled the pocket lining out and used the cool air setting on my hair dryer to dry it further.

Once everything is dried thoroughly I put a new clean white towel in the inside of the bag to keep its shape. I will leave it to air dry completely before flipping it back to the canvas on the exterior.

IMG_2342.jpg

As of right now, while still being damp, the bag looks good. I will post pics when its completely dry.

Honestly I was not very gentle doing this, I was just so worried about it becoming sticky and gross I wasnt too concerned if the fabric bled (which it didnt at all). I recommend using cool to cold water only and minimum amount of soap and only scrubbing where needed.

Hope this helps!

I spilled a diet coke inside my red DE neverfull at work. I never put liquids in my bag I have no idea why I did so today [emoji24] it figures the one time I ever put a drink in my bag and the top was not screwed on all the way. I get to my meeting and open my bag and the entire bottom is wet with soda ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️ A room full of people watch me dump everything out of my bag and mop up what I could with paper towels frantically. Needless to say I spent the rest of my day counting down the time to get home.

As soon as I get home (approximately 4 hours after the incident) I turn my bag inside out so the red interior is on the outside. I tuck all straps inside.

I sprayed Shout spray directly on the areas soaked with soda.

I put a few drops of dawn dish soap in a large plastic bin and filled it with lukewarm water. I dip the bottom of the bag into the soapy water and use a brand new soft tooth brush to gently scrub the area. I rinsed the entire area with cold water until there are no suds left.

View attachment 4250957

View attachment 4250958

Using a large clean white towel I dry any leather trim that has gotten wet immediately. Also make sure to dry the canvas if it has gotten wet.

Press the towel against the cloth to remove excess water. I made sure to throughly dry the zippered pocket. I pulled the pocket lining out and used the cool air setting on my hair dryer to dry it further.

Once everything is dried thoroughly I put a new clean white towel in the inside of the bag to keep its shape. I will leave it to air dry completely before flipping it back to the canvas on the exterior.

View attachment 4250965

As of right now, while still being damp, the bag looks good. I will post pics when its completely dry.

Honestly I was not very gentle doing this, I was just so worried about it becoming sticky and gross I wasnt too concerned if the fabric bled (which it didnt at all). I recommend using cool to cold water only and minimum amount of soap and only scrubbing where needed.

Hope this helps!
Wow, 4 hours having to wait to get home must have been agonizing! Bag looks great for what it went through. Your quick thinking probably saved it!

I too am a fan of Dawn blue dish soap. I bought a preloved Mimosa NF and it had a heavy perfume odor. I really wanted to keep it since it was in otherwise pristine condition and not available in boutique. I used Dawn diluted in tepid water- turned the bag inside out and scrubbed with a new shoe brush. Then I let it air dry and the scent was gone. Dawn blue takes out stains as well- a friend had foundation uncap in her NF and she used this method and it was as good as new. Now she uses an organizer.

Reactions: veeroman
Seriously it worked like a charm. You can’t even tell I ever spilled anything in it. Thank you Shout spray and Dawn soap! [emoji5][emoji5][emoji5]
View attachment 4262647

Sorry it looked a bit orange in that lighting but it’s very much still RED. There was no bleeding when I washed it (but the color was deeper in those pictures because it was wet).

IMG_4976.JPG

Sorry it looked a bit orange in that lighting but it’s very much still RED. There was no bleeding when I washed it (but the color was deeper in those pictures because it was wet).

View attachment 4262648

I had a similar horror story in my World Tour NF, a bottle of coke didn't have the lid done up properly and spilt all over the inside of the bag. I just mopped everything with a really really wet cloth and left to dry. It came out looking perfect, no tide marks, or print bleeding. You would never know the bag had a boo-boo.