Help!!! Hermes kelly 28 corner wear, is this normal?

Mijia

Jun 15, 2018
Dear fellow bag lovers,

I got a kelly earlier this month, and i have only used it once. I noticed one thing today though. One of the corner looks a bit not so well done.
I am not sure how to describe it, please see photos.

photo 1 is the corner not well made.
photo 2 is the other normal corner.

Should I bring this back? what should i do?

I

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 957
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 954
Last edited:
I agree with the others :yes:.
It's a resin repair and H. can fix it for you, but your bag probably needs to go to Paris and it can take a while before you have it back.

I agree with the others :yes:.
It's a resin repair and H. can fix it for you, but your bag probably needs to go to Paris and it can take a while before you have it back.

Thank you for the reply.
But I only got it earlier this month. :sad:
It seems that Hermes quality is falling. I remember seeing other posts where there are issues with new Hermes bags.

Thank you for the reply.
But I only got it earlier this month. :sad:
It seems that Hermes quality is falling. I remember seeing other posts where there are issues with new Hermes bags.

If you are not happy about the bag at all, maybe you can ask your SA for an exchange then?
Not sure if the same bag with same specifics is easily available though . But if you are open to other leathers/colors as well, it might be easier to exchange.
Yes, sometimes there can be issues, but this is not something that Hermès couldn't fix. Resin repair isn't that difficult, the only con is that it takes a while before you have your bag back.
But I understand, it's a lot of money so you have to be happy. And obviously you are not happy about it now, so I would definitely bring it to Hermès to discuss the situation and go from there :smile:.

If you are not happy about the bag at all, maybe you can ask your SA for an exchange then?
Not sure if the same bag with same specifics is easily available though . But if you are open to other leathers/colors as well, it might be easier to exchange.
Yes, sometimes there can be issues, but this is not something that Hermès couldn't fix. Resin repair isn't that difficult, the only con is that it takes a while before you have your bag back.
But I understand, it's a lot of money so you have to be happy. And obviously you are not happy about it now, so I would definitely bring it to Hermès to discuss the situation and go from there :smile:.
Thank you:smile:. Will bring it store tomorrow and will let you guys know.

Yes that is what i mean. Can they fix it right away or do they have to send it to Paris?
If there is a craftsperson at your store, they can fix it quickly. Anything that has to go to Paris, though, takes a while.
I agree they shouldn't have sold the bag like that. But it is an easy fix. Let us know what your store says.

Reactions: hermeslady
If there is a craftsperson at your store, they can fix it quickly. Anything that has to go to Paris, though, takes a while.
I agree they shouldn't have sold the bag like that. But it is an easy fix. Let us know what your store says.
You're welcome and good luck tomorrow :flowers:.
I think resin repair needs to be sent back unless your local craftsperson can do it.

Dear fellow bag lovers,
Thank you for your replies.
Today I brought the bag to the store where I got it first, and they didn't offer to exchange it. Instead they asked me to bring it to another store, where there is a craftsperson. The craftsperson fixed it for me right away.
Let's see if the bag can stand the test of time.
Thank you again for your relies. You guys are so supportive!