Help! Has anyone seen wear like this on caviar?? :S

panda_girl09

Jun 10, 2016
Has anyone seen wear like this on caviar leather? It is a caviar jumbo for reference and a scuff, but I'm confused of the green as I don't have this on ANY bag... I have looked at many of the repair threads on here and no bags seem to show this type of wear. :sad:

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_3314.JPG
    IMG_3314.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 499
Has anyone seen wear like this on caviar leather? It is a caviar jumbo for reference and a scuff, but I'm confused of the green as I don't have this on ANY bag... I have looked at many of the repair threads on here and no bags seem to show this type of wear. :sad:

Thank you!

When I bought my preloved Gst it had a couple of quite worn corners. They showed white rather than green but looked just like this. I cleaned the bag with natural baby wipes, then put a bit of black leather shoe dye on a baby wipe and wiped the corners. It restored the colour to black and stopped the wear showing as much.

Reactions: cjj and Susimoo
When I bought my preloved Gst it had a couple of quite worn corners. They showed white rather than green but looked just like this. I cleaned the bag with natural baby wipes, then put a bit of black leather shoe dye on a baby wipe and wiped the corners. It restored the colour to black and stopped the wear showing as much.
Thank you for your response! That sounds like a great tip. I'm very confused why this is green not white though. :S

If you treat your bag as you did with the shoe dye, would that help the corner from wearing away further? I guess what I mean is, once the wear has started, is it possible that it just keeps getting worse or peeling in that area?

This happened to my caviar jumbo flap and it was green as well. My flap is only a year old too. I took it to my boutique and they fixed up the corners with some polish. Looks good as new. It's so beyond frustrating.