Help - Handle of my 2 week-old Zucca tote is peeling:-(

hipnycmom

O.G.
Feb 13, 2007
I bought a Zucca tote on farfetch.com and received it a couple of weeks ago. Today I noticed that one of the handles is peeling in several spots!!!

I've used it almost everyday since I received it, but have only carried it for short periods each day. I have less than 2 lbs worth of items in it and for the most part it has been placed on the passenger seat in my car, or on a seat next to me when I am elsewhere. I've carried designer bags for years and this has never happened to me before. In fact, in all my bag-carrying years, I have yet to carry a bag to the point where it gets worn out.

I called Farfetch and I was told that since the bag was not defective when it arrived and I have used it and cut off the tags then they cannot accept a return. I said that clearly if the bag starts falling apart after a couple of weeks then there is a problem. The rep told me that the best she could do was to send me an invoice so I could contact Fendi directly but there were no guarantees they would repair it. I am still waiting on the invoice so cannot contact them yet.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. I now live in the Midwest and am far from any Fendi boutiques.

That is crazy. I'm not sure if fendi offers a lifetime warranty but any high end shop should at the prices we pay. I've never had any problems like that but I will be looking into policies for now on. Good luck

I bought a Zucca tote on farfetch.com and received it a couple of weeks ago. Today I noticed that one of the handles is peeling in several spots!!!

I've used it almost everyday since I received it, but have only carried it for short periods each day. I have less than 2 lbs worth of items in it and for the most part it has been placed on the passenger seat in my car, or on a seat next to me when I am elsewhere. I've carried designer bags for years and this has never happened to me before. In fact, in all my bag-carrying years, I have yet to carry a bag to the point where it gets worn out.

I called Farfetch and I was told that since the bag was not defective when it arrived and I have used it and cut off the tags then they cannot accept a return. I said that clearly if the bag starts falling apart after a couple of weeks then there is a problem. The rep told me that the best she could do was to send me an invoice so I could contact Fendi directly but there were no guarantees they would repair it. I am still waiting on the invoice so cannot contact them yet.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. I now live in the Midwest and am far from any Fendi boutiques.
Hi there!

How did you go resolving your handle issue?

Cheers
E

I called Fendi in NY and they asked me to ship the bag to them. They have had it for almost 3 weeks now. I was told that they hammered down the strap and will send it back to me while awaiting a new strap from Italy...

I was intending for this to be my 'bad weather' bag so am a little bummed that I haven't been able to use it. I am also hoping that the new strap will hold up much better. I am not really a Fendi girl but have been wanting to buy the pequin tote and am now holding off because of this. Prior to this, my few experiences with Fendi (small leather goods) have been wonderful.

Reactions: MrsFord04
So glad to hear that it is getting fixed! That's a relief!

I live far from a Fendi store also, so am wondering what I would do in the event something went wrong with a Fendi bag...? In fact, in Australia, the options are very limited.

I have been looking a Zucca totes also, can you confirm it is the coated canvas not the actual fabric that the bag is made from?

Thanks heaps
E

I bought a Fendi roll tote from Neiman Marcus less than two months ago and the leather on the handles is cracking and peeling. I sent it back the other day as defective. I also called Fendi and was told they warranty their bags for one year. They were going to fix it for me and gave me the name of a repair shop in NYC they use. I called the repair shop and decided I didn't want non-Fendi handles on my bag. It was my first Fendi bag and I'm very disappointed this happened. For the price of the bag, I really expected better quality. And this has made me realize I will never buy from Neiman Marcus again. They only give a two month time period to get a 100% refund. If this would've happened one month later I'd be stuck with a defective bag. Hopefully they will not give me a hard time about returning it.

I purchased a Fendi shoulder bag in Rome in 1985. Today that would make the bag vintage. I completely forgot about the bag and recently took it out of its sleeper bag to use.

The exterior of the bag has crumbled and flakes away. The interior of the bag and shoulder strap are fine.

I brought the bag to Short Hills NJ where I was told that it is a known defect in the coating. They wouldn't do anything for me and told me to bring the bag to NYC.

I just left the Fendi store at Madison and 57th where I was told the same thing. What a disgraceful answer! The Chanel store is less than 500 feet away.

In 2015 if you don't have good customer service for a luxury brand you just can't be a player.

I will never purchase anything from Fendi again.

I purchased a Fendi shoulder bag in Rome in 1985. Today that would make the bag vintage. I completely forgot about the bag and recently took it out of its sleeper bag to use.

The exterior of the bag has crumbled and flakes away. The interior of the bag and shoulder strap are fine.

I brought the bag to Short Hills NJ where I was told that it is a known defect in the coating. They wouldn't do anything for me and told me to bring the bag to NYC.

I just left the Fendi store at Madison and 57th where I was told the same thing. What a disgraceful answer! The Chanel store is less than 500 feet away.

In 2015 if you don't have good customer service for a luxury brand you just can't be a player.

I will never purchase anything from Fendi again.

Your bag is 30 years old, what kind of warranty exactly do you expect?

Your bag is 30 years old, what kind of warranty exactly do you expect?

How would any garment or purse or any other item make it to antique or vintage status if it crumbled and fell apart? That's the point--quality and craftsmanship not a warranty. Reputable merchants who admit to product defects will repair an item regardless of date of purchase.