Help from trench experts

vix2000

May 5, 2007
Looking at buying a long Burberry trench, vintage as unfortunately I can’t afford new! It seems to be a minefield with fakes and replicas. Do all double breasted trenches have storm flaps? I see loads with it on the wrong side being advertised as women’s. Also do all the authentic belts have the metal rings? Is there anything else I can look out for please? Thank you

Reactions: gelbergirl
Hey there, my suggestion would be to look for a trench that's "Made in England". And ensure that the fabric is 100% gabardine cotton. Those are usually of the highest craftsmanship! I wish you good luck and happy shopping 💕

Look at the label and tags to make sure the font looks good, crisp and even. That's the easiest way to spot a poorly made replica. Then post pictures in the Authenticate this Burberry thread. There are lots of fakes out there, but I'd say quite a few of the trenches are authentic. The long ones would be a bit more expensive, though, so the ones that are on the lower end of the price range are going to be mostly fake, yes.

Reactions: Sylt Lover