Help! Did I ruin my Chanel?

this happened to me with my dark silver reissue. I could see it for several days. it was a small disaster for me but over time it improved while i massaged it and now it has vanished. after that i kept my bag in room temerature not in a closet or in a box. I also remember that when this happened i left it some minutes in the warm sun of my country(that resembles to the hair dryer method i guess a little bit).

OMG! I'm glad to hear it's improving! Whew!
That happened to me the other day on my patent and the chain left tiny marks, but it went away. Learned my lesson about the chain though!

Ladies please help. After my trip to Tokyo at the end of February, I put my Black Patent Chevron away. I carefully used the cloths provided by Chanel to cover the front, the back, and the flap. Today I pulled it out of the storage dust bag, and discovered the chain running across the back of it. My heart sank :crybaby::sad:

The only good thing is that the patent leather helps make the identation less obvious, and the fact that the marks are on the back saves me from going nut.

Please help! What can I do?

tramcaro, so sorry to hear about your Chevron. My heart stopped when I saw the marks as well, but they are completely gone now. I lightly massaged the leather and it got less and less noticeable over time. Mine was caviar, though, and I cannot really comment on how to handle patent. Good luck!

Jennifer

Hi, recently bought a Chanel medium flap about two years ago and barely used it but noticed there’s a small dimple indentation on the caviar quilt. Just wondering if this method will work for my purse? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 40F82CE4-97B5-4C9D-AD73-40559072B164.jpeg
    40F82CE4-97B5-4C9D-AD73-40559072B164.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 227
I dont know if this helps anyone but chanels are way less fragile than you think. its leather. it recovers from almost anything. I once SAT ON MY CHANEL MINI. like FULL on butt-forward sat on it and I didnt realise for a good 5-10 minutes, as it was on my own sofa, I had forgot I put it there, it was dark and I thought it was one of my many cushions. well. it wasnt :biggrin: It looked HORRIFIC and misshapen for 5 minutes and I shaped it back to its normal shape, stuffed it with the chanel paper, put it upright on a shelf and in between two books from each side to get its rectangle shape back. Left it overnight: Bag entirely back to normal, not one inch diff. than the day I bought it ;)

I dont know if this helps anyone but chanels are way less fragile than you think. its leather. it recovers from almost anything. I once SAT ON MY CHANEL MINI. like FULL on butt-forward sat on it and I didnt realise for a good 5-10 minutes, as it was on my own sofa, I had forgot I put it there, it was dark and I thought it was one of my many cushions. well. it wasnt :biggrin: It looked HORRIFIC and misshapen for 5 minutes and I shaped it back to its normal shape, stuffed it with the chanel paper, put it upright on a shelf and in between two books from each side to get its rectangle shape back. Left it overnight: Bag entirely back to normal, not one inch diff. than the day I bought it ;)

Do you think the dimple indentation on my purse will puff back out on it's own?

I would lightly rub the leather in a circle with your finger a bit. I had a bag that got mushed (not as extreme as Katlina's, but it definitely dented) after I stored it incorrectly in the closet. I massaged the leather a few times and it puffed back out to normal. Good luck!

May I ask If your Chanel is lambskin or caviar and did you have to massage it multiple times/sessions? Thanks for the tip!

It took a few days of massaging it a bit to make a difference (plus keeping it away from everything so the leather could breath). I think the bag dented from the chains (which probably is what happened to yours, looking at the location of your dent) - so I kept the chains up and away from the bag and rubbed the bag a bit and now it's as good as new. The bag that really dented was a calfskin boy, but I also had a fit when I got a "beginner" dent on my caviar classic flap and the rubbing worked just as well. Now I am a stickler about making sure the chains don't touch the leather when the bag is stored--but both bags look great now. Good luck--and, if in doubt, take it by a Chanel boutique.

Reactions: fluffypinktulle
It took a few days of massaging it a bit to make a difference (plus keeping it away from everything so the leather could breath). I think the bag dented from the chains (which probably is what happened to yours, looking at the location of your dent) - so I kept the chains up and away from the bag and rubbed the bag a bit and now it's as good as new. The bag that really dented was a calfskin boy, but I also had a fit when I got a "beginner" dent on my caviar classic flap and the rubbing worked just as well. Now I am a stickler about making sure the chains don't touch the leather when the bag is stored--but both bags look great now. Good luck--and, if in doubt, take it by a Chanel boutique.

Thank you so much!!

Reactions: Metalblond
Is it possible to overheat the caviar? I used my hair dryer but might used it too close against the caviar. I am afraid that I might overheat it because the leather kinda felt hot. How can I tell if I damage the caviar?