Dec 20, 2017
hi
I cant decide between these two bags
Marmont Small in Nude
Dionysus Small in Black

2E5F5804-B99E-4C40-A8F4-22E20C5C78A7.jpeg

DD0EA4D7-AFEE-4A28-B077-3A512D777033.png
In term of price point, the marmont is €1258 & Dionysus is €1748

Which do you think is more of a classic bag, will stand the test of time in the next 10-20years?

Pls advise and share your opinion

if you own or know the price of these bags in your country please let me know too. Thank you

I think 20 years is a very long bet to make. But for the nearer future, I would go with the Dyonisus because I think we are going to see more and more silver hardware after so many years of gold being the king. That said, the Marmont is having a longer run that I would have anticipated...

Reactions: Mei90
I’m not sure if either will still be popular in 10-20 years since they are very recent designs, but this particular Dionysus is quite simple and can easily pass for a timeless bag. Despite the Dionysus being a current trend, this one is just a simple black flap bag with the clasp as its only stand-out detail. If you were deciding between a canvas Dionysus with embroidered butterflies and flowers I’d tell you to get neither bag, but I think this Dionysus can be classic.

The Marmont has too much going on imo- the zigzags on the front, massive gold GG, heart on the back. It just screams trendy and I don’t think you will want to use it in 10 years (probably not even 5 years) even if you like it now.

I’m not sure if either will still be popular in 10-20 years since they are very recent designs, but this particular Dionysus is quite simple and can easily pass for a timeless bag. Despite the Dionysus being a current trend, this one is just a simple black flap bag with the clasp as its only stand-out detail. If you were deciding between a canvas Dionysus with embroidered butterflies and flowers I’d tell you to get neither bag, but I think this Dionysus can be classic.

The Marmont has too much going on imo- the zigzags on the front, massive gold GG, heart on the back. It just screams trendy and I don’t think you will want to use it in 10 years (probably not even 5 years) even if you like it now.

I totally agree with everything here. Also wanted to add that the trend right now is going toward more discreet branding. The Dionysus may be obviously Gucci to fans of the brand, but is much more subtle than the Marmont with its huge interlocking Gs. I personally prefer the Dionysus, but also think that objectively, it will stand the test of time better than the Marmont.