Help choose a personal “signature” necklace!

foxgal

O.G.
Jul 22, 2010
I posted this in the Jewelry Box forum, and the more I research, the more I am drawn to these particular Tiffany pieces. My current pendant is a trendy lock, like Marla Aaron’s style. But now I want to get something more classic and timeless but still unique…not something everyone is wearing, that could be my personal signature look. That would look equally fabulous with a tshirt or a fancy dress.

I’m very drawn to circles and fluid sensual shapes so these three really speak to me. And my last name begins with an “O” so the Peretti alphabet one is a great option.

Which do you like and why? Does anyone have any of these? Pros/cons? Any others I should consider?

Peretti’s alphabet, Picasso mini melody, and Peretti eternal circle -

708E7081-D430-4614-83BF-B8149A4FE224.jpegEA83BDA4-37D3-4188-8416-5CB80D39FD2B.jpeg27752AE9-4E99-4AC3-9207-CCA4FBBB9607.jpeg

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
Third one is my vote bc you said you are most drawn to fluid sensual shapes, and the others seem like they are less so. . . But of course, it’s a personal decision and further dependent on how you feel when you try on IRL! Not sure if there is a comparable pendant in the Belperron wave collection by Verdura Belperron, but her designs are also very fluid
happy dilemma!

Third one is my vote bc you said you are most drawn to fluid sensual shapes, and the others seem like they are less so. . . But of course, it’s a personal decision and further dependent on how you feel when you try on IRL! Not sure if there is a comparable pendant in the Belperron wave collection by Verdura Belperron, but her designs are also very fluid
happy dilemma!

Yes, I really should put the whole thing to bed until I can see things IRL…but it’s hard to stop the drooling since it will be at least six months until I can get to a store!

Agree the eternal circle is the most “sensual”…just worry it may actually be heavy. Then again, maybe the big part is hollow. I’ve searched this forum and couldn’t find anyone who could give a review.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880
Yes, I really should put the whole thing to bed until I can see things IRL…but it’s hard to stop the drooling since it will be at least six months until I can get to a store!

Agree the eternal circle is the most “sensual”…just worry it may actually be heavy. Then again, maybe the big part is hollow. I’ve searched this forum and couldn’t find anyone who could give a review.
Absolutely you need to see IRL. When I’m unsure, I also always ask to take a pic of the item while I’m wearing it bc somehow the pic helps me more than the mirror. I also think you need some weight (bc otherwise it might move around, but YMMV). I find that after wearing any piece of jewelry you adore, cough, you acclimate to the weight lol :smile:

you have amazing taste, and I love all of them; I just love the third one a bit more. Re sensual shapes, did Leen Hyne do A pendant that you might like?

I would choose the one that presents more obviously. So probably the one with the bigger or more unique design.

Personally, I think I like one and two more. But if this is a signature piece, I want something that photographs well, and has an obvious design element when I take a selfie.

I think two and three are probably more recognizable in that regard. And I think that three especially looks like more than just a circle. It’s a pretty iconic Peretti and fluid design.

Of course, I still would like to see some scale. I wouldn’t choose a pendant that is barely discernible in a photo.

• Insightful
Reactions: foxgal and 880
Absolutely you need to see IRL. When I’m unsure, I also always ask to take a pic of the item while I’m wearing it bc somehow the pic helps me more than the mirror. I also think you need some weight (bc otherwise it might move around, but YMMV). I find that after wearing any piece of jewelry you adore, cough, you acclimate to the weight lol :smile:

you have amazing taste, and I love all of them; I just love the third one a bit more. Re sensual shapes, did Leen Hyne do A pendant that you might like?

Leen only does rings and some bangles but I was thinking of reaching out to him because this on a chain would be gorgeous!

00C52BB5-F5CC-41C5-AA56-037693BE2907.jpeg

• Insightful
Reactions: etudes and 880
happy dilemma!
I agree with 880...classic Peretti with a twist.:heart:
I would be curious to see a photo of someone wearing it for size.

• Thanks
Reactions: 880
My preference from most to least is 3, 1, 2. 3 is easiest to layer, 1 has the most direct reference to your initial, and 2 has the most visual impact. 2 is nice but it looks like a generic rework of certain models of Cartier’s Trinity necklace. If you try it on and that’s what makes your heart sing, I’d go to Cartier and try on some of their necklaces before committing to Paloma’s Melody.
A61F07FC-7726-4EAA-BEFF-B5184A4A5B9E.jpeg