Help!... Chanel or Cartier Watch???

What to buy-- Chanel Jumbo Flap or Cartier Tank Francais?

• Jumbo, of course!

• Cartier watch

Results are only viewable after voting.

Micci

Oct 3, 2007
I am what you call a late bloomer. I've started collecting bags only 5 years ago. I have the Chanel GST, PB Tote, and few LV's... Never owned the classic flap.

My hubby and I are going on a trip so it means- bag time! I think it's time to own the classic flap. I'm medium-built so I decided to get the Jumbo.

But as time goes by, and browsing through the internet doing my Chanel research, I came across this Cartier watch which really caught my attention :nuts:. I'm now torn between buying the Jumbo Flap vs Cartier Med Tank Francais :drool:.

Please help.. I'm leaving in 4 days and I'm torn between getting my dream bag and a watch which i think is a worthy "investment" :confused1:

do you currently own a good watch? it's a hard decision, but i would say if you need a good watch, get the cartier. on the other hand, chanel is constantly increasing in price and the classic flap is getting more and more expensive...both are technically good investments IMO, but since you have several bags, maybe you can hold off the the jumbo for now? then again, a jumbo is always a good bag to have...sorry, i'm not much help! :amuse:

I think that I'll be in the minority (since we are in the Chanel section), but I'd go for the Cartier watch. I have had my Trinity watch for nearly 10 years and I still love it. I was even thinking about getting another watch but when I looked around, I always turn back to my watch... love the face, the functionality, the timelessness, the beauty.... now finding someone to buy me the matching ring, necklace, earrings... LOL

jumbo now, cartier for christmas! :P

ok, coming from a bag lover slash non-watch-jewelry person! hehee... my only timepiece would be a mobile phone -- i know, cheap! then again, i luv luv the classic elegance of a cartier -- would pick it over a rolex anytime... hope to get it some day as a gift, but won't purchase myself :biggrin:

do you currently own a good watch? it's a hard decision, but i would say if you need a good watch, get the cartier. on the other hand, chanel is constantly increasing in price and the classic flap is getting more and more expensive...both are technically good investments IMO, but since you have several bags, maybe you can hold off the the jumbo for now? then again, a jumbo is always a good bag to have...sorry, i'm not much help! :amuse:

I currently own 2 rolex watches. My husband is supportive of what I want but I can see that when it comes to bags, there's an awkward silence every time I tell him about bags. When I told him about the Cartier watch, he was so encouraging that he always talks about it. I'm really really confused :wondering

jumbo now, cartier for christmas! :P

ok, coming from a bag lover slash non-watch-jewelry person! hehee... my only timepiece would be a mobile phone -- i know, cheap! then again, i luv luv the classic elegance of a cartier -- would pick it over a rolex anytime... hope to get it some day as a gift, but won't purchase myself :biggrin:

hmmm... good idea! :lol:

They are completely different things. If you need a new watch other than Rolex, then go for the Cartier. If you need another bag, go for the Chanel. This is a hard decision and you can't go wrong with either.

Ooooh! Tough choice! I've wanted a tank watch for a long, long time, and since I have several jumbos, I'd go with the tank. But I'm biased, big time. You absolutely can't go wrong with either. Hopefully you'll wind up with both eventually!

Cartier Tank (or Pasha) without a doubt. I know that you have two Rolexes, but if you're a late bloomer, you probably favor value over style. The Chanel might look irresistable right now, but the watch will last you a lifetime. Sorry, I hate being practical, but when it comes to stellar advice for others, I'm forced to do it.

Guess the watch is winning.. Thank you, thank you for your advice. Still have few more days to decide.

Keep them comin'.. Will let you know which one I'll get.

You guys have been great :smile:

Tough choice. May I ask where are you going? You mentioned investment. Some countries are cheaper on purse while others are cheaper for watch. Let's say, US is good for Chanel but not Cartier and HK is the other way around. Sounds like you will eventually get both items as a matter of time. I would get the one item that's a good deal at the designation of your trip. :broom:

Tough choice. May I ask where are you going? You mentioned investment. Some countries are cheaper on purse while others are cheaper for watch. Let's say, US is good for Chanel but not Cartier and HK is the other way around. Sounds like you will eventually get both items as a matter of time. I would get the one item that's a good deal at the designation of your trip. :broom:

I'm going to Hong Kong :smile:... Shopper's paradise!