HELP! Celine NANO/MICRO belt bag or LV PM

StephyH

Jun 15, 2019
Hi everyone, thanks for reading.

I have been struggling over the past little while to decide the best BAG for me. I tend to carry small crossbody as I don't usually tend to have a lot of stuff and YES I know at times BIG purses annoy me.

Soon, I will be travelling and don't really have a bag to travel with but still want a good everyday bag bigger then the ones I currently own ( Chloe saddle, and lv poochette) The ones I have decided is the Celine NANO or MICRO- I love that they are very minimalistic but classic- I like the pocket on the backside and that it can be worn cross body. I do like the smaller version more which I am not surprised but also the adjustable strap on the smaller- do people use the MICRO's back pocket will I actually use that for a phone I do like that idea of that @@ times.

The LV poochette Metis I have to admit I love how it looks on me BUT I HATE the LV MONOGRAM. it is bigger but still keeps it shape- I like the back pocket, I am struggling help. Ideally I would like to at times be able to fit an IPAD mini but if the bag doesn't look good on I will skip this lol. I am 5'4 any help or even other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much

Voting for nano belt bag. I have one and it’s the perfect size for me. Fits all the essentials and a bit more. Would love to have had an exterior back pocket but it’s not a deal breaker. I feel that the belt bag is minimalist, classic and understated (I tend to stay away from logos/monogram). Try them on and see which suits you best.

Reactions: StephyH
Another vote for the belt bag (over the LV). I have the micro size and I use the back pocket here and there but not as much as I thought I would initially. I don’t carry a lot and could have gotten away with the nano, but wanted the extra space just in case. If you're wanting to carry an iPad, I’d go with the micro; otherwise, the nano would be much better for a crossbody option. Good luck making your decision :cool:

I LOVE my belt bag, I have the nano and it’s my most used bag now. The leather is so durable. I haven’t touched any of my LV since I got my Celine belt bag. The adjustable strap is so convenient and I can fit all my daily essentials + a disposable water bottle sometimes. You might be able to fit more in the pochette metis but I also think the belt is easier on the eye. 1000% vote for the nano!

Reactions: earthygirl
For travel I would suggest a Loewe puzzle bag in size small (not sure it would fit an iPad mini, but it’s a good crossbody size) or a camera style…Gucci, ysl, etc. The puzzle is a very durable, carefree, and inconspicuous luxury bag.

I know the pochette Métis is popular bag, but I am your height as well and I have tried the bag on a couple of times and unfortunately, I just done like the way it looks on me. It seems bulky and masculine, but I have noticed it looking great on taller women. I think it is overwhelming on my almost petite frame.

I own the nano belt and I love this bag, but I wouldn’t recommend it for traveling. It‘s structured and therefore not as carefree. I’m worried that when I wear it crossbody I might accidentally smush it. I also don’t find the thin strap as comfortable as my Loewe puzzle’s strap. You could buy an additional thicker strap which would solve that issue. I would stay away from the micro as it looks very bulky worn crossbody.

I had both bags at one point.
Although it's durable, I'll be afraid that the belt bag would get it squished when travelling as it's more boxy/structured. I have the pochette metis in empreinte leather, and find it more subtle than canvas, and just as durable. The back pocket is better sized and I like compartments for a travel bag. I love using it while travelling!

Voting for nano belt bag. I have one and it’s the perfect size for me. Fits all the essentials and a bit more. Would love to have had an exterior back pocket but it’s not a deal breaker. I feel that the belt bag is minimalist, classic and understated (I tend to stay away from logos/monogram). Try them on and see which suits you best.
I did thanks so much for all your help!!! I agree this one looked the best on. for sure :smile:

Reactions: ChanellenahC
For travel I would suggest a Loewe puzzle bag in size small (not sure it would fit an iPad mini, but it’s a good crossbody size) or a camera style…Gucci, ysl, etc. The puzzle is a very durable, carefree, and inconspicuous luxury bag.

I know the pochette Métis is popular bag, but I am your height as well and I have tried the bag on a couple of times and unfortunately, I just done like the way it looks on me. It seems bulky and masculine, but I have noticed it looking great on taller women. I think it is overwhelming on my almost petite frame.

I own the nano belt and I love this bag, but I wouldn’t recommend it for traveling. It‘s structured and therefore not as carefree. I’m worried that when I wear it crossbody I might accidentally smush it. I also don’t find the thin strap as comfortable as my Loewe puzzle’s strap. You could buy an additional thicker strap which would solve that issue. I would stay away from the micro as it looks very bulky worn crossbody.
totally agree it is overwhelming like I was carrying a suitcase or something. Its a beautiful bag just wish I was taller for the LV. I did try them all on I agree the micro was very bulky cross body on me its beautiful but seemed long I am still short I guess haha . I loved the nano I could not help it LOL. I appreciate your help very much thank you

Thank you everyone for your input! All for sure beautiful bags and ideas. I decided to go with the Celine Nano in the Taupe as I don't have a neutral bag really. I am surprised at what the small one holds. IT does fit an IPAD MINI!!! Now I need to figure out something to organize inside all my travelling needs :P . hehe. SOSOSO appreciative of all your opinions this was not easy for me its been a while and always hard to pull the trigger but glad I did! If I could I would get all that ppl suggest HAHA and share!! If any ideas of what to hold purse needs such as air pods, passport, chap stick etc etc let me know Thanks again for all the help :amuse::heart:

totally agree it is overwhelming like I was carrying a suitcase or something. Its a beautiful bag just wish I was taller for the LV. I did try them all on I agree the micro was very bulky cross body on me its beautiful but seemed long I am still short I guess haha . I loved the nano I could not help it LOL. I appreciate your help very much thank you
Glad I could help! I still love the belt bag in the nano size, but I reach for it more when I am prioritizing the chic factor over comfort. It’s a great bag and every bag serves a purpose, but its just not the kind of bag you throw around. The Loewe puzzle is the type of bag that I toss around..but of course you have to like the look of it to spend that kind of money. Good luck to you in your decision!

Reactions: IWICBTAll!
Thank you everyone for your input! All for sure beautiful bags and ideas. I decided to go with the Celine Nano in the Taupe as I don't have a neutral bag really. I am surprised at what the small one holds. IT does fit an IPAD MINI!!! Now I need to figure out something to organize inside all my travelling needs :P . hehe. SOSOSO appreciative of all your opinions this was not easy for me its been a while and always hard to pull the trigger but glad I did! If I could I would get all that ppl suggest HAHA and share!! If any ideas of what to hold purse needs such as air pods, passport, chap stick etc etc let me know Thanks again for all the help :amuse::heart:
Yay, enjoy it! I love the taupe color too.

• Love
Reactions: StephyH
GREAT choice and color! Enjoy your new bag :smile: I have an organizer I bought on Etsy to help keep those smaller items in order OR you could always get a smaller pouch to hold things like your AirPods and chapstick and such.