HELP CANT DECIDE ON CHANEL JUMBO BLACK CAVIAR

purplelettuce

Apr 22, 2015
I got the chanel black caviar jumbo double flap with gold hardware and uck, Im not sure if I am in love with it..

I am 5ft 3 and love the bag but I am thinking I look like a bag with legs under it....

This has been a bag I have been wanting for a long time, I have the medium flap in various colors. This would not be a day to day bag with alot of junk in it, but a nice bag for going out.

Anyone 5ft 3ish out there I need your help......or pictures:confused1:

I'm 5'2'' and I tried the jumbo on in the boutique and did not like it on me. My husband said it looked fine, but I felt the bag was wearing me instead of the opposite. I have the classic flap in m/l size and it is small on the inside. I mistakenly bought the card holder with the flap instead of the flat card holder, whereas the flap one takes up a little more space in the bag. I personally could not go with the jumbo even though it does provide more space, but it felt like I had a large box on my shoulder.
They did show me how to shorten the chain by tying a ribbon to make it shorter, but I still didn't feel comfortable wearing that bag. It just looks odd to me personally

I'm 5'2'' and I tried the jumbo on in the boutique and did not like it on me. My husband said it looked fine, but I felt the bag was wearing me instead of the opposite. I have the classic flap in m/l size and it is small on the inside. I mistakenly bought the card holder with the flap instead of the flat card holder, whereas the flap one takes up a little more space in the bag. I personally could not go with the jumbo even though it does provide more space, but it felt like I had a large box on my shoulder.
They did show me how to shorten the chain by tying a ribbon to make it shorter, but I still didn't feel comfortable wearing that bag. It just looks odd to me personally

I think the jumbo looks great on you...especially with that outfit! But you need to love it. When I was considering Classic Flaps in caviar, I dismissed the Jumbo as being to large for me (also 5'3") and too heavy, but one day I wandered into the boutique and tried on a seasonal Jumbo in lamb with shiny ruthenium hardware and I fell in love instantly. It is the only Jumbo I own and since I don't normally carry much, I reach for my M/L Classic Flaps, Reissue, Boys, Minis, etc. more often. But for days when I need to carry more or want to wear a bag that makes more of a statement, I reach for the Jumbo. I am very happy to have it in my collection, but I don't see myself getting another one. If you don't love it though, don't get it. Here is a shot from a while back of me with my Jumbo. GLD!
CCjumbo.jpg

I think it looks great on you too!

Totally does not look like it's wearing you!!

Plus if it's a bag that's always on your mind, I'd be worried that it'll always be on your mind even if you return it.

Smaller scale example: That happened to me once with a Kate Moss Topshop blouse. I hated it at first but held onto it just in case. A few months later I came around to it and was so glad I didn't return it!

Reactions: purplelettuce
Definitely do what makes you happy and don't worry about what anyone thinks except how you feel while wearing this bag. I saw your pic up above and it looks great on you! As long as you are happy, that's all that matters :smile: