Help! Can't decide bw a Speedy 25 or 30 in DE

Which Classic Speedy (in DE) do you prefer--25 or 30?

Votes: 20 51.3%

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters
I'm 5'2 and find the 30 to be a perfect size in proportion to my height. I found the look to be more sophisticated as opposed to the 25 which conveys a look which is cute. Since I use the bag when I am in a working girl mode or attending meetings with clients the 30 gave off a more sophisticated vibe and held my needed essentials. If you're wearing the bag for weekend shopping and lunch with the girls the 25 is perfect. Choose the size that matches your life style. GL. Can't wait to see which one you choose.
All good points, thank you. I hadn't thought of the "professional" vs more "cute" vibe. For sure the 30 will house more essentials at the office. Thanks!

I can't wait to get a classic speedy in Damier Ebene as my next LV bag but can't decide on the size. I've seen both in person and see pros to both. The 25 is super cute but it's a bit hard to get into since the zipper opening is smaller. The 30" feels a bit "luggage-y" but perhaps would make a great travel bag and it's easier to get into. I know it will sag more since it's bigger, but I have a Samorga organizer that I can use if I want it to be more structured. I just can't decide! Not sure it matters, but I'm 5'2". Which size do you have and why did you choose it / love it / dislike it / sell it? Thanks! This will be super helpful! :smile:

I'm 5'1" and first bought the speedy b de 30 but sold it. It was too big for crossbody on me and while the size was bigger I realized I didn't need the extra space. So I sold it and got the 25 which was perfect. I love it!! If I got a bigger speedy in the future I would probably get the 35 or 40 so I could use it more as a carry all on planes or gym bag.

I can't wait to get a classic speedy in Damier Ebene as my next LV bag but can't decide on the size. I've seen both in person and see pros to both. The 25 is super cute but it's a bit hard to get into since the zipper opening is smaller. The 30" feels a bit "luggage-y" but perhaps would make a great travel bag and it's easier to get into. I know it will sag more since it's bigger, but I have a Samorga organizer that I can use if I want it to be more structured. I just can't decide! Not sure it matters, but I'm 5'2". Which size do you have and why did you choose it / love it / dislike it / sell it? Thanks! This will be super helpful! :smile:

What things are you planning to carry in your bag? That may be the best way to determine the size you need.

Off the topic but you are right, went to the store today, they don't have it and looks like discontinuing it, gosh, glad I sold it on time, would not want to hang on a discontinued piece.

When a bag is discontinued and is no longer available new in boutiques, its price generally rises on the resale market. It is a supply and demand thing--if supply drops and demand for DE Speedy remains steady, prices go up. People that hang on to their DE bags for a little while, may get more for them when re-selling.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkfiregirl
When a bag is discontinued and is no longer available new in boutiques, its price generally rises on the resale market. It is a supply and demand thing--if supply drops and demand for DE Speedy remains steady, prices go up. People that hang on to their DE bags for a little while, may get more for them when re-selling.

yeah, for a short period, take a look at consignment stores online prices of discontinued bags, you will see what I meant :smile: Besides, I sold it for a really good price :-P Can't beat it even if I had hold on to it for another 5 years.

Last edited:
I also had a DE 30 Speedy B and it was too big for my 5 ft 2 frame crossbody. I just recently sold it and bought the DE 25 B as soon as I could click "place in cart". I'm much happier with the 25 and it fits all I need and more. :smile:. Good luck deciding.

yeah, for a short period, take a look at consignment stores online prices of discontinued bags, you will see what I meant :smile: Besides, I sold it for a really good price :-P Can't beat it even if I had hold on to it for another 5 years.

It depends on the bag, the condition, and the demand. Bags no one liked originally will not sell on the secondary market either. OTOH, popular discontinued LV bags have sold at or even above retail depending on condition. Since Speedy is a continuing classic, and DE is a much-loved print, I suspect prices on re-sale will be steady or improve. Congratulations on your sale.

Last edited:
My vote is the 25. I'm 5'3" and slim. Had the 30b and sold it as I wanted to use it crossbody and it felt and looked quite large on me frame. I also do not carry much in my bag. I have to say the opening has never been a problem for me. I've never hurt my hands on it and don't feel like it's a black hole. I do sometimes carry my iPad full size in it. I put it straight in (narrow end) and cannot zip the bag with it but can hand carry it with the iPad. You need to try both bags and follow your gut on it. I mistakenly purchased the 30b first and sold it. All are beautiful bags. Good luck!

I did the exact same thing! I'm also 5'3" and slim and agree about the speedy 30 looking large on my frame. I also found it heavy so I sold it for a 25b.

Really? Will go check the store tomorrow :sad: Thank you for your information :smile:

If they discontinue it, I will buy a favorite PM, the eva strap was a bit too long for me, but looks great as a shoulder bag. Favorite strap will be the right length for cross body

Yes, really! No more in the US I should clarify.

ETA: just saw that you went into the boutiques and was told the same.

Oh & preparer is right, Eva was a popular well-loved bag, so the resale prices will be high for sure. I'll put my money on it [emoji6]

Reactions: prepster
It depends on the bag, the condition, and the demand. Bags no one liked originally will not sell on the secondary market either. OTOH, popular discontinued LV bags have sold at or even above retail depending on condition. Since Speedy is a continuing classic, and DE is a much-loved print, I suspect prices on re-sale will be steady or improve. Congratulations on your sale.

You are very right and thank you :smile:

Reactions: prepster
I have both Classic Speedy sizes 25 mono and 30 azur. My husband always comments that the Speedy 30 Azur looks to big I'm 5'3, and I do gravitate more towards the Speedy 25 mono and I think it's because I don't carry much and it just works with what I need each day etc. But to be honest, I think the size 30 looks really chic. Good luck.