HELP! cannot decide btw Tiffany NOVO and HW Micro Pave!

i prefer the HW but then again i just had my ring re-set into a very similar setting!

If you like 'bling' then go the halo ... if you like simple and clean then its Novo all the way ..

Thank you so so much my dears!!

All advice are taken!!! i know it cannot be wrong with either one.

I think now i am more towards 1.5 ct Novo as it is really classic and the stone really stands out on it own.

I forgot mentioning actually i have bought a Tiffany Yellow Diamond Ring in Halo setting 2 months ago. So i've already got a halo one.

I will check the availability with Tiffany tomo, and fingures cross! Hope i will get a perfect Novo!

By the way, would you go with 1.2ct F colour or 1.5 G colour? Sorry for so many questions! :smile:

Thank you so much for all your advise! i am really touched!

I registered to purseforum just to reply to this post! My bf (now fiance :nuts:) were in the EXACT same position as you deciding between the HW micropave and the Tiffany Novo. The entire halo or not to halo, does the HW look like a cocktail ring or not, and the exclusivity of the HW vs Tiffany which is more common was thought of numerous times by me. In the end I just told him I'd be happy with either one as long as it had another criteria that was important to me and that was the cut style. I didn't want the crush iced style if I could avoid it and wanted broad chunky flashes, sparkle, fire, and all that other fun stuff instead.

You can't go wrong with either one. In my opinion the HW does NOT look like a cocktail ring at all. Its so feminine and delicate looking in person.

I'm biased and in the end the bf surprised me with the most beautiful Novo, better than I could ever imagine getting for myself, and for me I couldn't imagine getting the HW anymore. :yahoo: I just stare at my ring and move my hand to watch the light bounce and sparkle! My brother started to make fun of me and call me Gollum (from Lord of the Rings) and I joked along with him and started saying it was 'my precious', made a funny face staring at it and stroked it a few times. hahaha. I know.. geeeky and creepy.

My advice would be to look at the GIA report of the HW and see if its a modified brilliant or a brilliant. I think the modified brilliant has the crushed Ice appearance, smaller specks of light basically, but still beautiful if you like that look. I love broad flashes of light and have gotten so many compliments on how blingy, sparkly, and blinding my ring is from random people. (Mines a square cushion - brilliant)

Really take a very very very good look at both diamonds and see which one you love the best. They're both gorgeous settings in my opinion. Whichever diamond catches your breath more is the one I'd go with. :smile:

As for the upgrade policy at Tiffanys, I believe if you want to eventually upgrade, you can only upgrade to double what you currently have or more, so if you got the 1.5 you couldn't get a 2.01 you'd have to go 3.0 or higher.

:smile:Good luck and I hope you will love and adore the ring you choose forever! :smile:

Thank you so so much my dears!!

By the way, would you go with 1.2ct F colour or 1.5 G colour? Sorry for so many questions! :smile:

Thank you so much for all your advise! i am really touched!

Missed this last post of yours.... I think I'd go for 1.5 G. There's a noticeable size difference between 1.2 and 1.5 I think, but not THAT big of a difference between and F and G unless you are even slightly color sensitive. Another time you will notice the difference in color is if you compare your ring to others, which will most likely happen when other girls want to take a look at your ring and put theirs next to yours or if you have other diamonds that are in the D-F range and put them near the 1.5G.

Thanks so much everyone especially Novogirl!!!

I have made my minds up! I will go with Novo.

Here are the choices i am given.

1.08 E VS1 £15800
1.17 G VS1 £14000
1.21 G VVS2 £16300
1.51 H VS1 £18600
1.19 F VVS1 £20600

Dears, which one you would go for?

By the way, i have tried on the 1.17, looks really nice, nice size as well!

Thank you very much!!

I will get the ring in 2 weeks time! Your advise is very much appreciated!!!

Thank you!

I registered to purseforum just to reply to this post! My bf (now fiance :nuts:) were in the EXACT same position as you deciding between the HW micropave and the Tiffany Novo. The entire halo or not to halo, does the HW look like a cocktail ring or not, and the exclusivity of the HW vs Tiffany which is more common was thought of numerous times by me. In the end I just told him I'd be happy with either one as long as it had another criteria that was important to me and that was the cut style. I didn't want the crush iced style if I could avoid it and wanted broad chunky flashes, sparkle, fire, and all that other fun stuff instead.

You can't go wrong with either one. In my opinion the HW does NOT look like a cocktail ring at all. Its so feminine and delicate looking in person.

I'm biased and in the end the bf surprised me with the most beautiful Novo, better than I could ever imagine getting for myself, and for me I couldn't imagine getting the HW anymore. :yahoo: I just stare at my ring and move my hand to watch the light bounce and sparkle! My brother started to make fun of me and call me Gollum (from Lord of the Rings) and I joked along with him and started saying it was 'my precious', made a funny face staring at it and stroked it a few times. hahaha. I know.. geeeky and creepy.

My advice would be to look at the GIA report of the HW and see if its a modified brilliant or a brilliant. I think the modified brilliant has the crushed Ice appearance, smaller specks of light basically, but still beautiful if you like that look. I love broad flashes of light and have gotten so many compliments on how blingy, sparkly, and blinding my ring is from random people. (Mines a square cushion - brilliant)

Really take a very very very good look at both diamonds and see which one you love the best. They're both gorgeous settings in my opinion. Whichever diamond catches your breath more is the one I'd go with. :smile:

As for the upgrade policy at Tiffanys, I believe if you want to eventually upgrade, you can only upgrade to double what you currently have or more, so if you got the 1.5 you couldn't get a 2.01 you'd have to go 3.0 or higher.

:smile:Good luck and I hope you will love and adore the ring you choose forever! :smile: