Which bed should I get?

• Select Number/Comfort

• Tempur-Pedic

• Regular inner spring mattress/box springs

Results are only viewable after voting.

piperlu

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
I am going to be buying a new bed sometime this month. I have always had the mattress with the inner springs. We've had this mattress for 15 years and it's about shot.

So, I am considering the Select Number, Tempur-Pedic and regular inner springs mattress.

I would love to hear you thoughts and experience you have on this.

Thanks for looking.

One of those sealy perfect inner-spring sleepers or whatever sounds good. Tempurpedic/comfort are really comfy but you pretty much sink in. It's good for sleeping, not good for other activities on the bed.:graucho:

Hey Piperlu,
We had thought about getting the tempur pedic bed but after spending the night on a friend's we changed our minds. My husand and I got so hot on the mattress, it was like all those little foam cells trapped in the heat. I am cold all the time and even I couldn't take it. Others may have a different experience but we ended up getting a high quality spring mattress.

We have a Tempur Pedic bed and love it.

Prior to getting married this past July I slept on a Serta Sleeper. Loved the mattress and all but I hadn't had it long so I thought it would be fine when he moved in. Then I realized that I had always slept in the middle, the mattress was caving in the middle. When we went mattress shopping I just knew I wanted a Sterns and Foster but as soon as I laid on the Tempur I was in love.

I get really hot when I sleep but this bed doesn't really make it any worse. The comforter I had on our bed was put on the guest bed since it was so thick so I got to get a new one thinner one and we haven't had any problems with it. The warranty is really great on them also.

One HUGE vote for a Sleep No. bed. You will wonder how you slept on anything else. You don't notice the difference immediately when you lie down in one, but then...after a nap even...it seems to envelop you. If you have back problems, fibro, or aches anywhere - they make such a huge difference. Off soap box now. :smile:

My DH and I are having the same dilemma right now. We had decided on a sleep number bed, but my back doctor said absolutely not. We have a friend who has one and loves it, and my SIL has one and hates it so much that she's going to put it in a spare room and get another mattress for herself. We stayed in a Radisson Hotel with a sleep number bed, but the controller was broken and we ended up on the highest setting all night and were in misery the next day. Now we don't know what to do.

We went through this about a year ago. We ended up with the traditional mattress made by Stearns and Foster. However after a MONTH my husband's side had a trench in the spot where he sleeps. Macy's gave us a replacement mattress that did the same thing! We had them take that one back and we got a Simmons beauty rest and it's been great. I learned a lot about mattresses- its important to get the right kind of mattress for the position you sleep in. If you are a side sleeper, you need a different mattress than someone who sleeps on their back. Also, many of the "specialized" beds are bad because you need special linens to fit them.