Help. Buyer claiming Christian Louboutin Shoes Wavy Dollys fake ebay :(

**shoelover**

Over the Rainbow
O.G.
Aug 19, 2008
Purchased a pair of brand new Christian Louboutin Wavy Dollys shoes from Rebelle.com in Oct 2016. Rebelle is a second hand website based in Netherlands. The seller has to send all items to Rebelle to check for authenticity prior to sending them out to the buyer. I received them and didn’t doubt for a minute that the shoes maybe fake as they they had been checked by Rebelle.

After a clear out I decided the shoes weren’t for me so decided to part with them. Had them listed on ebay. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Christia...y-Dolly-100-Patent-Size-37-BNIB-/302509692999

Clearly state in the listing no returns. Insole measurements given etc. I have 100% positive feedback. I’ve sold many high end goods. Take great pride in my selling and items.

Buyer bought them at £300 on 30th November. Left me positive feedback “Fabulous! Love them. Thank you so much! X”

This is where the trouble begins:

Buyer: emails on 6th Dec telling me she has been advised the shoes are counterfeit and she would like to return them for a refund and how i can relist them should I wish to.

Me: I write back stating the shoes were purchased from Rebelle and authenticity was checked prior to sending them out. I asked who advised her of this and does she have proof in writing.

Buyer: I was advised by Selfridges. Also the side of the box does not display the Christian Louboutin logo. The quality is not CL standard by any stretch. There are ripples on the side. The finish is poor. The sole has creases. They’re not true to size. There are no spare heel tips when there should be. Please provide your online receipt.

Me: please provide evidence of her contact in Selfridges.

Buyer: Please provide receipts showing your purchase of wawy dolly in ballerina from a recognised approved Christian Louboutin retailer as you claim in your previous email.

If I do receive this, I will take the matter up with eBay. I do not need to send you anything from selfridges as this is not a requirement to prevent counterfeits being sold on eBay. The onus is on you to provide evidence to support your claim that they are not counterfeit.

Me: Your feedback stated: “Fabulous! Love them. Thank you so much! X”.
But now you claim the shoes are fake, the quality is not up to standard, plus another half dozen reasons for wanting to return them. This is clearly buyer's remorse and ebay will see it that way.
However, what I take great offence to is the defamation of my character. I am an experienced ebay seller and buy and sell many designer shoes. I know my shoes and do not purchase fakes.
I do have an online receipt, but I do not trust it will be in safe hands with you. You are trying it on and I won’t stand for it.

Buyer: I am not trying it on. I took the shoes to selfridges whilst taking another pair in fur repair as I had noticed the boxes were different. Here is a picture of my two Louboutin boxes and the one you sent. They are not the same. They showed me all the boxes and every one looks like my two. They then examined the shoes and pointed out the defects concluding they were counterfeit.

I’m happy for the buyer to take the claim to ebay and open a claim. I will be sharing the receipt with the buyer including ebay when a case is opened. But what should I do from this point forward? I genuinely believe the shoes are real and from having purchased shoes in the past I know no two boxes are alike. AM I wrong? Maybe Rebelle got it wrong. I don't know what to do at this point. What do I do? Thank you for reading and giving me your input.

Attachments

• cl logo.jpg
    cl logo.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 874
  • box.jpg
    box.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 877
  • s-l1608.jpg
    s-l1608.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 888
  • s-l1607.jpg
    s-l1607.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 936
  • s-l1606.jpg
    s-l1606.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 882
  • s-l1604.jpg
    s-l1604.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 874
  • s-l1603.jpg
    s-l1603.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 900
  • s-l1602.jpg
    s-l1602.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 892
  • s-l1601.jpg
    s-l1601.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 866
  • slink.jpg
    slink.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 878
Unfortunately your best option is to accept the return. I bought a Prada handbag on eBay last year and the authenticators here determined it to be a replica. EBay ruled in my favor gave me a refund and told me I could do whatever I wanted with the handbag.
You don't want to end up out both the money and the shoes.

Reactions: caannie
Boxes don't prove authenticity of the shoes inside them. Fake boxes (or other props) have been used with genuine items and genuine props have been seen with fakes.

It's the details of the shoes themselves that determine whether they're authentic or not.

Either you or your buyer can post pictures on Authenticate Christian Louboutin shoes thread.

I don't advise you to refuse the return because you'll risk loss of the shoes and the money. Ebay will assume you don't want the shoes back and will let the buyer keep or dispose of them as well as giving her the refund.

Since you didn't personally buy the shoes yourself from a legitimate department store, and unless you are expert in CL shoes, there's a possibility that Rebelle erred. (Other sites that claim to authenticate have made mistakes.)

How I would handle this is to accept the return, tell the buyer that Rebelle.com deemed them as authentic but in the event Rebelle made a mistake, you will have them professionally authenticated before relisting.

I'd have the shoes authenticated by a third party..No doubts for the buyer & no doubts for you if your buyer opens
a dispute you can forward that authentication to all parties who may be involved.
You can certainly forward the link from the CL authenticate thread to your buyer for reassurance, but that might
not be enough to satisfy her.

Thank you all for your input. I shall use one of the companies. No matter what documents I provide the buy is failing to acknowledge it. ;(

It is to your advantage to have them authenticated by an independent third party. You will know if the shoes
you purchased from Rebelle were indeed authentic as you thought.
You can relist with the authentication certificate so that a future buyer can't play the fake card.
Hope this all works out for you & sorry this experience with the buyer isn't going in the right direction

Last edited: