Help! Bolide questions - croc/alligator, price, size?

qb20

Apr 27, 2009
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions for the Bolide experts out there, I just saw a gorgeous one at a consignment shop and I can't get it out of my mind. I have read up on the old posts on Bolides but I still have a few questions.
-How can you tell if the leather is croc or alligator? What does the ^ symbol mean?
-How do you measure a Bolide and tell what size it is?
-What would a 27 or 31 cm alligator or croc Bolide go for, new and on ebay? I can only find fakes online so I have no idea how much retail is and how much used is from a reputable seller.
-What type of documentation do I need (if any) to bring it to the US? It comes with the dustbag and strap but nothing else, would Hermes here be able to provide me whatever paperwork I might need?

Many many thanks in advance!!! :flowers:

The symbol means porosus croc. A 31 bolide in porosus was 24,900.00US, 2 years ago. It's probably around 26k or more now. The resale is not as stable as a birkin... so pre-owned, you could probably get one for 10,000. -15,000.00.
I'm sorry, I don't know about the import questions.

WOW! And what a lovely ostrich Drag in the background! Did you know there is a blue jean croc Bolide 31 available on luxury-shops.com?

Isn't that a gorgeous Bolide? :heart: As someone pointed out to me earlier though, it is alligator, not croc. I am surprised they made this mistake in the listing.

Croc is used as a generic term in the title of L-S , wich is technically right. Note that it is described as Alligator, in the description. I do not see any mistake here.

Thanks! You know when I saw this bag I wasn't even looking for something new, I don't even really like exotics, but the color was amazing! And then when I inspected it and saw that it had no wear, it had apparently just been sitting in a closet in a dustbag for the past thirty years. The price was just the cherry on top...:nuts:

Ok, I'll stop now, hope it is happy with the new owner!