HELP! Black jumbo from Saks w/o original tag?

I recently got a large flap from Saks. It came with tag attached. But, there are scratches on the turn knob and the bag look used. They send me a second bag, the second bag has tag attached, chain wrapped, cloth between flap and bag...

Department store can put a tag on easily. Therefore, it can be a used bag with or without the tag. As long as the bag is in perfect condition, don't worry about the tag. Due to experience, I don't trust Saks very much.

I agree! This holds true for most department stores as it's very easy to put a tag on a bag. I just received my jumbo from Saks without a tag, however I believe it's brand new as it just came from their shipment. Since my SA already knew I would purchase the bag, I don't believe he needed to add the tag on. I inspected the bag and everything confirmed that the bag was new!

Either way, the most important thing is if your bag has any issues (and it seems it does). Reach out to your SA and try to get an exchange as the issue no longer seems to be about the tag!

This is interesting. I bought a bag recently from Saks from another store and it came without a tag. I am not sure if I want to keep the bag (not because of a missing tag or condition of the bag but I am not certain if I love the style). Since I wasn't sure if I would want to keep it when I first got the bag I called the SA that I bought the bag from and said there is no tag and could they make a new tag and mail it to me in case I decide to return the bag to my local saks which does not carry Chanel. She checked with someone else there and told me it was illegal for them to produce a tag and send it out after the bag has already been shipped but there should be no issue to return the bag to any saks as long as I have the receipt. Then later I called my local saks and talked to customer service and the rep said she is almost certain I would need the tag to do a return at a saks that does not carry chanel... anyhow... we will see. Worst case scenario I can mail the bag back to the original store, it will just take longer to get the refund due to the shipping time. Has anyone else had this issue with trying to do a return without a tag?

Every time I have bought any bags from Chanel boutiques (London), I never am given the tags! They just come with boxes, dustbags and authenticity cards! I agree with other posters, as long as the bag is in brandnew condition, i wouldnt worry about the tags! :smile: x