HELP AUTHENTICATE - Gucci Dionysus Mini (Square) - Leather

Which one is the authentic one?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMYCHOI123

Sep 22, 2019
Hi all!

I recently purchased a Gucci Dionysus in the mini size (the square one) in the grey leather version. I bought it on Jomashop, so in order to be sure of its authenticity, I purchased another one from Saks Fifth Avenue. Now I am faced with the challenges of identifying whether or not both of these are even authentic!

They weigh the same, same quality of leather, appearance, etc. The differences lie in the logo and the stitching of the interior tag, in addition to the stamp "Gucci" at the bag of the bag (this is only applicable to leather version as opposed to the coated canvas) and the clasp. Both serial numbers and the tag seem good in both handbags. Here are the pictures of both of them:

#1:
-interior: the interior tag has the C in much lower compared to the other tag, with 12 stitches
-back stamping: the back "Gucci" stamp is thinner
-clasp: circle/rim is lighter

#2:
-interior: the interior tag has the C in nearly so close to the top of the stitch, this one has 11 stitches
-back stamping: the back "Gucci" stamp is so much thicker
-clasp: circle/rim is dark

Which one is the authentic one? I chose to not specify which one is purchased from where to eliminate subconscious bias (I can talk later once we help determine the authenticity of both)

WechatIMG27.jpeg

WechatIMG28.jpeg

WechatIMG29.jpeg

WechatIMG30.jpeg

WechatIMG31.jpeg

WechatIMG32.jpeg

You must post in the authenticate this Gucci thread following directions in that thread. If you don’t qualify based on those directions you’ll need to hire a paid authenticator. Good luck.

Reactions: papertiger
Status
Not open for further replies.