Help and Beware of Discolorization of Vernis

I own a pink tote bag of Luis Vuitton, used only 5-8 times and always kept in its cotton bag. Now my bag is fully discoloured in an ugly way so I can assure you that this is NOT due to natural wear but due to defective material. As you can see in the pictures the leather strap looks brand new, proving that it was rarely used. Really a shame for a 2.000 euro or more, bag and an exceptional brand. Any suggestions for repair, or claim from the company?

IMG_9053.jpg

IMG_9052.jpg

I own a pink tote bag of Luis Vuitton, used only 5-8 times and always kept in its cotton bag. Now my bag is fully discoloured in an ugly way so I can assure you that this is NOT due to natural wear but due to defective material. As you can see in the pictures the leather strap looks brand new, proving that it was rarely used. Really a shame for a 2.000 euro or more, bag and an exceptional brand. Any suggestions for repair, or claim from the company?

View attachment 4771691

View attachment 4771694
Unfortunately, that’s the downside of light coloured Vernis. I have a Rosewood PM in Pearl and it turned yellow. Worst, not even. That’s my one and only Vernis piece. Never buy Vernis again, seems like only Amarante is the only colour that doesn’t discolour.

View attachment 4771691

View attachment 4771694
Patent leather is prone to discoloration. Do you live in a humid area? I find that humidity really messes up patent leather.

Unfortunately, that’s the downside of light coloured Vernis. I have a Rosewood PM in Pearl and it turned yellow. Worst, not even. That’s my one and only Vernis piece. Never buy Vernis again, seems like only Amarante is the only colour that doesn’t discolour.

I have three Vernis Alma BB’s that have not discolored...Griotte, Noir Magnetique, and Magenta degrade.

I have three Vernis Alma BB’s that have not discolored...Griotte, Noir Magnetique, and Magenta degrade.
That’s great to know...some photos my Rosewood Avenue PM In Perle purchased in 2008, only noticed the discolouration 2 years ago. It has been fine for a good 10 years. Compare it with the original colour, taken from Yoogi’s Closet. I’m just hoping discolouration will even up over time. 514E48F2-27EF-46C1-AAB9-C3D75DCDB0A4.jpeg082F9D51-0F31-482F-B321-12BA0EA28BFB.jpeg0397993F-7759-43DC-808B-0C1419C45033.jpeg

I bought two beautiful Vernis Louis Vuitton hand bags a few years ago.
Both were stored in the exact same way...in the same closet in the Louis Vuitton dust bags that they came in with all my other fancy handbags.
The first bag was a beige color and it stayed beige!!
The second bag was a different style Vernis bag...when I purchased the bag it was a lovely pale grey color.
Some time passed and the lovely grey bag turned into a sickly, revolting, weird, pale olive green color bag.
I took the bag to Louis Vuitton to complain and Customer Service told me that I must have stored it incorrectly...my denial and explanation that the beige Vernis bag which was stored the exact same way and remains (to this day!) beige fell on deaf ears.
I left Louis Vuitton Customer Service furious and fuming...swearing that I would never buy another Louis Vuitton product (which I haven't)!!
Long story short (kinda LOL!) I discovered the other day that my sickly, revolting, weird pale olive green color Vernis bag is now a very bright, very strange, very GARISH gold color...and no ordinary gold!! My bag is literally screaming "I'm a practically fluorescent, extremely yucky deep GOLD color now"!!
Go figure. I just burst out laughing...no one in their right mind would buy or carry a bag this horrific color...I certainly can't try to sell it at a consignment shop...or even donate it to a local thrift shop! I'm stuck with it...a reminder of my foolhardy, excessive spending in my younger days. My advice to anyone considering the purchase of a Louis Vuitton Vernis bag would be...I wouldn't if I were you! Buyer beware!!

Both were stored in the exact same way...in the same closet in the Louis Vuitton dust bags that they came in with all my other fancy handbags.
The second bag was a different style Vernis bag...when I purchased the bag it was a lovely pale grey color.
Some time passed and the lovely grey bag turned into a sickly, revolting, weird, pale olive green color bag.
I took the bag to Louis Vuitton to complain and Customer Service told me that I must have stored it incorrectly...my denial and explanation that the beige Vernis bag which was stored the exact same way and remains (to this day!) beige fell on deaf ears.
I left Louis Vuitton Customer Service furious and fuming...swearing that I would never buy another Louis Vuitton product (which I haven't)!!
Long story short (kinda LOL!) I discovered the other day that my sickly, revolting, weird pale olive green color Vernis bag is now a very bright, very strange, very GARISH gold color...and no ordinary gold!! My bag is literally screaming "I'm a practically fluorescent, extremely yucky deep GOLD color now"!!
Go figure. I just burst out laughing...no one in their right mind would buy or carry a bag this horrific color...I certainly can't try to sell it at a consignment shop...or even donate it to a local thrift shop! I'm stuck with it...a reminder of my foolhardy, excessive spending in my younger days. My advice to anyone considering the purchase of a Louis Vuitton Vernis bag would be...I wouldn't if I were you! Buyer beware!!
I agree - not matter how carefully you care for them many of the LV vernis do not retain their colour or quality. Not exactly vernis But same coated leather is my monogram loop lock it - a show bag I paid $$$ for - now a disgusting murky baby poo colour - won’t be able to give the thing away. It’s sooo ugly ( pic attached is not mine - something like what it used to look like. ) Something that costs that much money shouldn’t completely change colour .:annoyed:

Attachments

• IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    541.3 KB · Views: 32
If you like the bag, you could have an expert dye it.