Help! Advice from paraty owners. . .

Purse Problem

Jun 22, 2012
Hello - Help! I recently purchased a medium rock paraty. I thought I was just starting the process, but I bought her impulsively when I learned she was the last rock in stock locally (I really need to see the color in person) and someone at NM was there to buy it and waiting for me to decide. Now I need to decide whether to keep her. The bag is just gorgeous, but does it have staying the staying power of a real classic? I'm worried that five years from now it will be too dated. Are the paraty owners out there happy? Is this bag worth the steep investment?

image.jpg

Paraty is Chloe's classic, they repeat it in every collection and it's still a hit. It has high resale value if you check on eBay (unlike Paddington). But it's really hard to say 5 years from now, only classic Chanel and Hermes can be a sure thing, but they are in different price range.
BV and Givenchy will do the thing, IMHO Chloe, Givenchy and BV are the best now.

Paraty is Chloe's classic, they repeat it in every collection and it's still a hit. It has high resale value if you check on eBay (unlike Paddington). But it's really hard to say 5 years from now, only classic Chanel and Hermes can be a sure thing, but they are in different price range.
BV and Givenchy will do the thing, IMHO Chloe, Givenchy and BV are the best now.
Thanks - I love my black Marcie crossbody, but for some reason I'm very undecided about the paraty. I definitely love it - the color is just beautiful and complex. I think I'm just uncertain because the shape is such a specific look.

Thanks - I love my black Marcie crossbody, but for some reason I'm very undecided about the paraty. I definitely love it - the color is just beautiful and complex. I think I'm just uncertain because the shape is such a specific look.

I agree about shape, it kept me away from Paraty initially. but when you see it all together it blends well with the whole image, it complements many body shapes and looks edgy. Marcie is easier bag, that's why I see so many Marcies on the street.
I guess it's really depends on your style. To me Paraty looks more hip, rock-n-roll bag, though some find it very feminine and pair with romantic dresses. It's uptown city girl kind of bag. When I feel like wearing skinnies with zippers, laced booties, leather biker jacket it's time for Paraty, but most of the time I prefer soft lines, cosy tunics and light fabrics, which go so well with Marcies so I wear Marcies much more.

The Chloe Medium Paraty looks classy and elegant to me. I love the ornate and unique look which always grabs my attention.

Why do many Purse Forum members think Chloe bags are trendy? I never buy expensive trendy items, so I am shock that many people think Chloe bags are trendy. :thinking: I just think Chloe purses are unique, well made, and pretty. :lol:

Last edited:
I love my paraty - at first I wasn't sure because it is so unique & different looking. You either love it or hate it. After a few years of looking at it more & more I finally purchased one & use it so often - one of my favorite bags in my collection. I have had mine for 2 years now & love it as much as the day I got it. I do believe it is a classic. But if you are any bit unsure, I would really think about it because it is very expensive & you want to love your bag. The marcie is a great bag too - I have one & it is my all time favorite - the medium satchel in tan. Let us know what you decide.

I love my Paraty to bits! I've been in possession of one since December last year but it's taken three different Paraty's to find my perfect one! I just knew I loved the bag but the colour was a difficult area for me!

Started out with Rock and decided it was too khaki for me so exchanged for Black Fusain, which I adored until I spotted my limited edition Clay Paraty on Farfetch.com - it has the extra hardware and a tassel (which I don't keep on the bag) and it also has two seams on the front of the bag. I have found Paraty heaven! I personally feel the style of Paraty looks nicer in lighter colours but that's just my personal preference and probably explains why I never quite bonded with my previous Paraty's.

I think the Paraty will be around for a long time and is a classic but ultimately a bag is what you make of it. If you rock it yourself then it doesn't really matter if it's still considered in or trendy or classic - if you love it then you'll look good with it.

I love my Paraty to bits! I've been in possession of one since December last year but it's taken three different Paraty's to find my perfect one! I just knew I loved the bag but the colour was a difficult area for me!

Started out with Rock and decided it was too khaki for me so exchanged for Black Fusain, which I adored until I spotted my limited edition Clay Paraty on Farfetch.com - it has the extra hardware and a tassel (which I don't keep on the bag) and it also has two seams on the front of the bag. I have found Paraty heaven! I personally feel the style of Paraty looks nicer in lighter colours but that's just my personal preference and probably explains why I never quite bonded with my previous Paraty's.

I think the Paraty will be around for a long time and is a classic but ultimately a bag is what you make of it. If you rock it yourself then it doesn't really matter if it's still considered in or trendy or classic - if you love it then you'll look good with it.
Thanks - you make such a good point. I've always selected bags based on how much I like them, and I do love this bag. I don't know why I'm hesitating now and your comment reminds me of why I bought it in the first place!

I've got the exact same bag as yours. Purchased it from Chloe Paris last month and i love mine to death. In fact i haven't stop carrying it since i bought it. It's just so versatile and goes with so many items in my wardrobe, even when I dress down in skinny jeans and sneakers.

The Paraty is not a new style. It's been around for more than 2 years so when i finally bought it after eyeing it for some time, i realised this bag is quite a classic and i'd still love it for years to come.

I personally like Rock because the colour is quite dark. I dont need to worry about colour transfer when i carry it while wearing denim.

It all depends on your personal style. I'm a casual kind of girl. Meaning i cant wear heels even if my life depends on it, i live in skinny jeans,brogues,flats and casual dresses. But somehow the paraty still goes well with all these.
I hope you can bond with yours.

Last edited:
I have the Rock Paraty, too, and it is my absolute favorite bag. I bought it a year ago, but lusted after it for two years before I bought it. Rock is such a versatile neutral. It's a bit of a chameleon in that it can go from gray to taupe depending on the light, and works beautifully with most of my wardrobe. It can dress up or down with ease - I wear it with a skirt and blouse at work or with jeans and a tee on the weekend.

This bag will be in my collection for as long as I have a bag collection. The craftsmanship and leather are amazing, it does not require a lot of babying, it's versatile with the handles and shoulder strap, and is just the right size for me. I think the style is a classic one that will still look wonderful years from now - the young starlets may not be carrying it around at that point, but I'll still be rocking the style and making it look fab! :P

As Inem said, I hope you bond with your Paraty. It's a beautiful, beautiful bag that will serve you well for years to come.

I really appreciate everyone's input. I brought the bag into work today, intending to return it after work, mostly because I have far far far exceeded my purse budget this year. But after reading all the comments, I need to think about it a bit more. I do love the bag - just need to figure out if I can justify the expense.

A) I don't read fashion magazines, so I have no idea what's "in". I just like what I like. And I liked the Paraty. It's so rare that a truly new bag style comes around, and I think this is one of the most unique bag styles I've ever seen. Whether or not it's "in" 5 years from now will have no impact on whether I still carry mine or not. I just bought my first Paddington earlier this year. (The anniversary one from Barney's. Those were "in" years ago and I have no idea if they are back or coming back, but I missed out on them, and wanted one... and I love it)