Help Accessorizing Dress for Black Tie Optional Affair

Hi!

Great dress. Since you said conservative and I'm assuming an evening event, I see this dress with black stiletto pumps - think something like the Christian Louboutin Miss Clichy or Decolette.

I think this dress would look great with a metallic clutch and metallic accessories - I think dark gold/silver is a great color for evening time. I am not very good with picking jewelry out, but I loving the single statement piece look - either a nice bib necklace, a big bracelet or some knockout earrings.

You can honestly do anything with a plain black dress from pairing with it all black accessories to going crazy with colorful additions. I think it would be easier if you posted what YOU were thinking of pairing with this dress and we can tell you if they will look good together or not!

I agree. With a black dress, you can basically do anything in terms of accessories. I would probably not wear a shawl unless you think that you may get the chills later in the evening.

Another thing to consider is whether or not you want to make a statement. If yes, then wear lots of sparklies or bold jewelleries. If not then maybe a strand of pearls or something demure and simple in design.

Conservative black tie event doesn't mean it has to be boring.

ANYTHING can be done with this. If you want to look very high end I would wear pearls and Christian Louboutin shoes. Your bag must be a clutch - goes without saying, and you do not need a coverup.

That said, I would love to see some colour. Definitely a collar-syle necklace, a cocktail ring and some funky shoes.

I say keep it simple. The dress is a statement by itself. No necklace needed. I'd do stud earrings and a bracelet of some type...or no bracelet. Shoes....peek-toe pumps or sling-blacks....think they would look better than closed toe pumps. And of course a pretty clutch.

Gorgeous dress, you can't go wron with this! I would accessorize with black pumps, and a black clutch and then you can have some heavier jewelry (nothing too much though, like a nice bracelet and simple earrings, or just statement earrings!)