Hello! Looking for a Backpack

I have seen fake Kelly Ado in the large size ( the one with the handle) .

Besides that I think the Kelly ado is a great bag from Hermes amd will remain a collector bag as not so many were produced.

If you still want to buy one check with the "authenticate this" thread before, and please make sure your seller is on the "reputable sellers" list.

Good luck !

bumblebags, I am sure you are already aware, but note that there are two types of straps -- canvas and regular leather.

The canvas looks more comfortable, and perhaps adjustable?

Here is a nice visual of the GM

img10522427161.jpeg

Many thanks Bumblebags for re-stimulating my own search on this matter. I discussed this with my SAs yesterday - I was really interested in tracking down a Sherpa and they tell me that there is one in Harrods and offered to get it or one like it for me to take a look at - they can still be special ordered. Apparently they come in petit model and grand model options but I didn't enquire into the exact measurements. And I had a look at the questch swatch for AW08 - oh wow! Backpacks do seem to be out of style currently but they suit my lifestyle so I don't care.

How exciting that this bag search of mine has struck a fire in you as well, Les Tambours!

Tokyogirl, I'm really much more interested in the canvas strapped bag. It just seems more practical and, for me, it looks less dated. It brings a bit of aesthetic utilitarianism, don't you think?

Perlerare, if you happen back to this thread, do you recall whether the fakes you saw had the canvas or the leather straps? I definitely intend to post any that I find online here in the "Authenticate This" thread, but there is always the possibility that I may find one on foot. I'm planning a weekend in NYC in 2 weeks time, and I've read in other threads that there are a few places to check out. It appears to me, from reading that thread and a couple of others, that spying a fake is not so easy, so I'm more than a little concerned!

Tokyogirl, I'm really much more interested in the canvas strapped bag. It just seems more practical and, for me, it looks less dated. It brings a bit of aesthetic utilitarianism, don't you think?

I agree. It's interesting that I am finding alot of PMs and GMs on the Internet, but not much of MMs...

It may be because I have never seen one, but a Sherpa seems a bit too casual looking for me -- it looks like a big duffle bag. Again, perhaps if I saw on IRL, I may have a different opinion.

PM = petit model = small
MM = moyen model = medium sized
GM = grand model = big

For each style the actual measurements will be different. And not all sizes are produced in every style.There is also TPM = tres petit model for very small versions. Huge versions of bags tend to be called 'voyage' as they are luggage-sized.
I know it's a minefield!

The PMs appears to be a bit too small for me -- I think the GM is more my size. I will try to find and post an "action picture" of a PM. The photo that I posted above, is a GM.

Okay then, I suppose I'm looking for a GM! Thanks for clarifying.

Is it allowed for someone to send me a PM about what to look for in differentiating the real bags from the fake bags? The thread on SuperFakes has me a nervous wreck and, frankly, when I look at the the "Authenticate This" thread, they all look good to me (even those proclaimed to be bad fakes). I held what was obviously a fake Birkin once (in a boutique...snooty SAs acted like they were above helping the customers and there they were selling fakes!), but it wasn't even close!

My weekend in NYC is around the corner and I plan on studying the ins and outs until then!