Haven't heard from seller/even eBay did not send an email acknowledging my purchase

Argh, hate it when that happends - it *IS* rude. It would take the seller about two seconds to communicate. I bet you will never hear squat and the items just show up at random.
Super-annoying though, and be sure to give NO stars for communication when you do your feedback!!

This is happening with me now, not with a purse but a vinyl record I purchased. I paid immediately after winning and didn't hear from the seller until I sent them a message basically conveying how excited I was to receive the item because I liked the band and to please inform me when they shipped so I could keep an eye out in the mail for it. They said they would ship that night in their reply to me and let me know of tracking, etc but not another peep yet so no idea if they really did. At least they live about 45 minutes driving from me so I know that it shouldn't take too long to get to me, even if I can't track it.

I have to be honest- I'm terrible about this. long ago i used to email people all the time and then with the advent of being able to track the packages directly through ebay (and my generally getting busier and not being a big time ebay seller anymore) i sort of stopped. i ship within a day or two and figure my buyers get a message from paypal that the item shipped. i personally can't stand when i buy something and i get like 42 messages (that you for your purchase! your item is ready to ship! your item has shipped! don't forget to leave me feedback!) but i should send at least one acknowleding that i got payment, etc. thank you for the reminder.