Have you been priced out of collecting LV and resent it or do you see current price rising trends as a positive?

I’m not priced out but I definitely am thinking more before I make any purchases. I wait a bit to see if I still feel the same way about the bag as I did the first time then I proceed. I had stopped buying luxury bags during the pandemic as I wasn’t going out and now I’ve started again and the prices are a bit of a shock.
It’s unfortunately just the way things are with the pandemic and inflation. But I watch how I spend my hard earned money and am considering moving to other brands.

I wish I had brought a couple more earlier! I was tossing between the speedy b and alma and ended up with the speedy and can’t believe the price increase in just 2 years for it let alone all the other bags over the years. I can’t imagine paying over double what I paid for the neverfull. In saying that I will get the alma as I can’t stop thinking about

The price increases mean I may be done buying LV, more by choice than out of necessity. I don't really have any feelings about it. They're a business, they can do what they want. *shrug*

I have more of an issue with LV's lackluster offerings as of late than the prices. When I am looking to buy a bag or SLG, I'm looking for something that fills a specific niche in my collection. Lately, LV hasn't had any offerings that meet my criteria. My last 2 purchases were a beige YSL camera bag and an absolutely beautiful quality Burberry wallet.

The combo of uninteresting leather offerings (and my unwillingness to play The Hunger Games to get one of the more interesting ones) and astronomical price increases means I'm much more likely to buy from other brands. I still get something I love at the end of the day, so it's whatever.

I didn't mind the small yearly price increases, inflation is everywhere. But the recent increases are not about covering higher costs, they are about outpricing the average middle class buyer to seem more unattainable and that's what's bothering me. Every brand wants to be as exclusive as Hermes but are raising only the prices not improving quality. That's like taking a Fiat, pricing it at 200K and thinking it's now the same as a Ferrari. No, that's not how this works.

I didn't mind the small yearly price increases, inflation is everywhere. But the recent increases are not about covering higher costs, they are about outpricing the average middle class buyer to seem more unattainable and that's what's bothering me. Every brand wants to be as exclusive as Hermes but are raising only the prices not improving quality. That's like taking a Fiat, pricing it at 200K and thinking it's now the same as a Ferrari. No, that's not how this works.
But Ferrari does belong to Fiat, right :lol:?

I totally get your meaning - and I wouldn't mind if LV brings out new high quality bags and sells them at a higher price point. What bothers me most is that they keep rising the prices of the same products they have been selling for decades without any real improvements.
It is also really greedy in my opinion to just add some ugly straps or extra accessories to a bag that was completely fine without them - just in order to ask an even higher price for it (although nobody really needs the added strap etc.).
I guess the person who came up with this idea got a nice pay rise and everyone at LV is like :happydance:.

I agree with this. I would say I've been priced out, which makes me kick myself for not buying back when prices were more attainable. But I have already bought my holy grail LV the Pallas last year just before it was discontinued so I don't really feel the need to buy LV new anymore now I have that particular bag. I'm happy to buy preloved for bags such as vintage Speedys, and keep my purchases instore to lower priced accessories rather than bags.

I'm not priced out per se but psychologically I have a lot of problems paying significantly more for the same item than in years past, unless it was a truly classic item that I know will continue to be sold for decades. New/seasonal designs I don't usually balk at the prices for whatever reason... there's not that comparison point between prior years.

I'm not necessarily priced out of LV bags but I don't feel the items are worth the prices asked, and I'm not a fan of any of their leather pieces so that leaves less to pick from. The quality hasn't drastically improved (and then switching to canvas straps over leather and asking more) so I feel like I'm just being asked to pay more with no real improvements. I have purchased fewer and fewer LV items over the past 2 years and it's helped me to notice other brands and shop less with LV. I still pick up some items here and there, but almost always canvas and I do look for it preloved first. I don't fault them for price increases--that's business--I just buy less.

Exactly my sentiments! None of the leather stuff from LV interests me at all esp the capucines. Its beautiful but it doesnt suit my needs. Most of the bags are heavy like bricks.

I have since moved to Prada , i never thought i would but i feel for the re nylon. Its so carefree.

As for bags, i am keeping a small collection of what i would use weekly. I sold so many LVand Cha el bags because they mainly sat, collected dust, and mold (!) And there is no point keeping them to baby them.

I also moved to VCA or cartier or buying jewelleries instead as i can use these almost every day and is more worth ut to me

This is what I'm currently unhappy about also. I have a hard time supporting a brand that turns its nose up at the people who work hard for their LVs or the people who don't have a trust fund.

So my birthday is coming up and I used to always get something LV.. But been debating on what to get this year. Somehow reading this makes me want to buy LV even less. :lol:

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/louis-vuitton-dior-sales-jump-defying-war-and-china-gloom-1.1751275

"Still, revenue at LVMH’s fashion and leather goods unit, which houses Louis Vuitton and Dior, soared 30%, beating analysts’ forecast for a gain of 23%.

The luxury industry has been relying on price increases to offset inflation pressures. Louis Vuitton raised prices by around 6% in the first quarter, according to Stifel estimates."

So my birthday is coming up and I used to always get something LV.. But been debating on what to get this year. Somehow reading this makes me want to buy LV even less. :lol:

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/louis-vuitton-dior-sales-jump-defying-war-and-china-gloom-1.1751275

"Still, revenue at LVMH’s fashion and leather goods unit, which houses Louis Vuitton and Dior, soared 30%, beating analysts’ forecast for a gain of 23%.

The luxury industry has been relying on price increases to offset inflation pressures. Louis Vuitton raised prices by around 6% in the first quarter, according to Stifel estimates."
It appears they are experiencing non-organic growth. The profit increase is due to price increases and not organic increase in sales volume.