Have you been overcharged in a LV store?

CMQT

Jan 22, 2018
It was my first time shopping for an LV bag. After researching online and lurking this forum, I was set on a Speedy 35 or 30 version without the straps. The LV store employee was very nice and friendly, she told me she’s been an employee for years. I didn’t try on the speedy with straps and wasn’t shown it which is perfectly fine because I asked to see a specific style and didn’t want straps. After trying on both sizes, I confirmed I wanted to purchase the speedy 35 Damier canvas.

The employee placed the bag inside a dust cover which had a price tag sticker of another style bag that was more expensive. I didn’t say anything because I thought the dust bag must be the same size for my speedy. She asked me to follow her to another counter and then placed three price tag stickers on the counter and just starred at them. Then she started moving them and studying them. She typed something on the keyboard and told me the total cost is $1356. I was in shock because I knew the speedy price and tax isn’t $350. I told her she made a mistake and she immediately said “oh I did I’m sorry.” And she fixed the total to the correct price and I paid for the bag.

Do I have to watch employees carefully or is this a silly mistake?
Thank you for reading!

Last edited:
This is good to know it was only a mistake and not a common occurrence. I’m a big fan of the brand and already bought a 2nd and planning my third.

My walk in closet is glowing in LV glory.
Thanks!