Have you been happy with your Jimmy Choo wedges

UrbanEast

Aug 8, 2008
I'm talking about shoes like the Alanah, Amely, Portia etc. There's one I have my eye on; I think it's beautiful but I"m wondering if it's worth the cost. It seems like their wedges aren't that popular, for some reason, and I'm wondering why.

I googled the style names, those all look pretty good as they all have a back or ankle strap. I have tried on several Jimmy Choo slide wedges (no back or ankle strap) and they were very cute, but uncomfortable and impossible to keep on my foot due to the vamp not coming up far enough on the foot. So I would just watch out for low cut vamps on wedges that don't have ankle or back straps.

I googled the style names, those all look pretty good as they all have a back or ankle strap. I have tried on several Jimmy Choo slide wedges (no back or ankle strap) and they were very cute, but uncomfortable and impossible to keep on my foot due to the vamp not coming up far enough on the foot. So I would just watch out for low cut vamps on wedges that don't have ankle or back straps.

Thanks for the reply, DreamingBeauty. Which particular wedges did you try on?

I tried the ones below, which are 100 height and have back straps. But they are still difficult to keep on the foot also because , as you say, the vamp is so tiny and forward that it barely keeps my foot in. I'm wondering if a lower height shoe like an 80 might solve this problem? Or would it be better to getI a similar model with an ankle strap?

P00328553.jpg

Thanks for the reply, DreamingBeauty. Which particular wedges did you try on?

I tried the ones below, which are 100 height and have back straps. But they are still difficult to keep on the foot also because , as you say, the vamp is so tiny and forward that it barely keeps my foot in. I'm wondering if a lower height shoe like an 80 might solve this problem? Or would it be better to getI a similar model with an ankle strap?

P00328553.jpg

I tried on the Prima style (I put an example below) and some others very similar, basically like a flatform slide, so I don't think lower height really makes a lot of difference. Ankle strap would likely help, or a style with a solid/closed back like more of a pump style. Yes, Jimmy Choo seems to like making the vamp very low, maybe for toe cleavage but it just isn't practical on a slip on sandal. I can wear high wedges without a problem, they just have to have proper support to stay on the foot.

https://www.monnierfreres.com/com-e...MIuYv3vKPQ3QIVB77ACh3hrQYjEAkYASABEgK2g_D_BwE

I bought a pair of JC Papyrus cork wedges about 5-6(?) years ago, and they are super comfortable. The ankle strap keeps them really secure and I love that they look really high and leg lengthening, but equate to only about a 3" heel with the platform. The cork wedge makes them almost bouncy. You can still find them on various resell sites in good nick.
I've had several pairs of JC wedges over the years and have found them all to be very easy to wear and comfortable. Though they have all had ankle straps.
(https://www.therealreal.com/phoenix...oo-patent-leather-platform-wedges-YafZOq80v5Q)
Poshmark too, but not linking because they're not on the list ---> :biggrin:
upload_2018-9-27_10-59-51.png

Reactions: avcbob