Have my eyes on InSOLITE Wallet, but Cant Spend the $. HELP!

I have my eye on the insolite wallet in monogram. But I am a college student with college loans. I just can't see myself spending $565 on a wallet. This is really hard. I feel like I need to use self control, but I would love to have a matching wallet. But when I think about everything rationally, I fee like its just two hundred dollars more and I can own another purse. I am having trouble. Can anyone help me??? I need advice. THe insolite is so gorgeous. :yahoo:

I am having the same dilemma. I'm on a ban right now and not suppose to buy anything. BUT I rly rly luv the new MC isolite wallet so much...I'm going to try rly rly hard to behave myself...I know I'm ok now but once it's out on May 1st, I dunno... I'm saving to buy another bag right now. I still can't justify on buying any wallet yet because I prefer a bag than wallet. We both can try to resist the insolite wallet together ;) hahaha lol. Good luck on whatever you decide to do.

Last edited:
I say get the wallet. I think its money well spent if you love it, will use it, and it makes you happy. Yes, a few hundred dollars may buy another bag, but if you buy a wallet that works for your lifestyle, is the ideal size, holds everything....it can be used with multiple bags.

Love the monogram. :smile: let us know what you decide on doing.

Instead of making a purchase you know that you can't afford right now, how about saving for it? $5 bucks a week or whatever you can comfortably set aside? It will take longer, but I think the sweet satisfaction of paying for it with money specifically saved for it will last much longer than instant gratification. JMO....

If this will be your 1st LV wallet, I suggest you read pros and cons of the Insolite first. I had my Insolite when it first came out and ended up selling it fast cos Insolite was not very practical. You may want to look into Sarah or something else as well. Good luck.

You know, you could always try to track down a preloved Insolite. Remember to authenticate it on tpf of course. I think this is the perfect solution to your problem!

However, bpbtk is right, I've heard some complaints about the Insolite.. you might want to search up the threads on here... I remember numerous threads about the Insolite impracticality.

i have my insolite in purple and i love mine
i've had it since it first came out and i hvnt had any problems with it
go for it. get a chain later on and use it as a clutch :smile:

Really research the insolite before you buy. My SA said they have had more complaints on this style wallet than any other. The credit card slots are upside down on one whole side. When they loosen, they fall out when you open it unless you hold it like a book which is a pain. I love LV wallets, but maybe consider a different style. The insolite is cute, but probably not the best choice if you're hoping for a wallet that will last you many years. The Sarah or a zippy would probably more practical long term and they are gorgeous.

I'm not too fond of the insolite style. Why not look into the Sarah wallet, it's gorgeous or even the PTI.
LV wallets last very, very long.
IMO why not wait until you can really afford one. Wait until you hear about another price increase and buy just before then. In the meantime, save up.;)
No point in regretting the purchase, if you save up and then buy the wallet you will enjoy it more.

I really love my LV wallets and felt the same way you did when I bought my 1st. I bought a Vernis Ludlow in Amarante because it's one of the "cheapest." I really think LV wallets are worth the money now!

I don't have the Insolite so I can't comment on any problems with it.

Also, just to throw another idea out there, what about an agenda? I have an agenda as well and also use it to hold cc's that I hardly ever use. That way you'd have something that served 2 uses!

i agree w/others- reasearch before you buy. and, with that said, i do think an lv wallet is worth getting- but find the one that you really love and will want for a long time. also, to save $ so that you don't feel guilty, put a little away each week as another pfer suggested, and save your change! or, save every $5 bill you come across- we've been doing that for less than a year and it's going to pay for our vacation! gl!!!

I say that every time I look at the small leather goods - a little bit more and you'd have a bag !

Unfortunately, this has left me with lots of bags with relatively few accessories. :P

It's definitely worth it if you use it all the time - I mean, how often do girls switch their wallets, compared to bags right ?

Get the wallet. I struggled for the longest time with the same logic. Then one day, I just took the plunge and purchased a wallet. I realized that I use the wallet every single day no matter which bag I carry. Therefore, even though the insolite costs almost as much as a purse, you will get alot of use out of it. And if you ever get bored of it, you can always sell it on Ebay and recoup a good amount of your money if you keep it in good condition. I found that LV accessories dont depreciate much and you could probably still sell a 1-2 year-old insolite in excellent condition for about 70% of the cost...or about $400....if not more. So, if you think of it that way, then it really doesnt cost that much in the end. Good luck!