Haters, Anyone??

My mum seems to notice everytime I carry a new bag. Kept saying I should spend my extra money on children's education or saving for retirement. Not on bags. Mum is the type of person who will not splurge on herself but willingly buy us stuff when we were kids.

It's not my friends or my family members, they understand my obsession and they don't care that much about it. It's the other women/girls on the street that would give me the hate look and trying to size me up and down. Some of them even go further by giving me a snarl or the 'one raised eye brow' look. But I just usually ignore them and carry my bag(s) proudly. It's my money and it's my life!

Haters gonna hate!

I used to get upset when people insulted me or judged me, but I gave that sh*t up real fast. Their opinions don't matter. Enjoy your bags and wear them with pride! You can't live your life to please other people, so don't even give the haters a second thought.

I haven't really experienced it much, but I usually carry Coach (not super expensive, but not Walmart pricing either). That type of attitude from someone else is just something I don't even worry about for a second.

It's nothing more than jealousy, though. I really wish I knew why women acted that way toward each other. So silly and petty...

I'd say nc.girl is spot on. I think they are jealous and mean minded, and to make themselves feel better they're being *****es to you. They're beneath you, don't even worry about them.

I would go completely in the opposite direction, and give them something to talk about. I would make sure I took my most flashy expensive handbag the next time I knew was going to see them. It's pure jealousy - plain and simple. Don't let them spoil your enjoyment of the things you worked hard to get.

Wow...in the past, I haven't had male co-workers saying negative things about my cheap or high-end designer bags.

Sadly, in my personal experience, it's been females who either: 1) give the "death stare" or 2) say something catty (i.e. "Another expensive handbag?!")

In my city, designer bags are just starting to "come up" as the availability etc is slowly increasing. Not sure if this is the reason, but for a while now, people have been hating on my bags. Everyone from coworkers to family (my mother in law) have something to say to me on the subject. I have a good job and have worked hard for what I have. I am not a flashy person but have a few nice things. I do not, by any means, flaunt my bags but regardless of what bag I carry it is the same treatment. It doesnt stop me from buying what I like though. I guess i am a sensitive person but I am wondering if any of you experience this and how you deal with it?

Sorry to hear that! It is indeed annoying to have people envying your stuff. I usually don't care about it, but I actually hear lots of fake compliments filled with envy and the evil look. I usually buy bags without logos and monograms (lots of Chloes) and that usually keeps the non connoisseurs out of the loop, since they only recognize "in ya face" :smile: logos and brands. Then I know that in most cases if someone recognizes my bags it will be someone who knows to appreciate them.

Another trick is to wear the bag with the brass/metal logo (possible on some MiuMius and Burberrys for instance) next to your body instead of "showing it" when you know someone is going to bug you (that is also very funny because the most envyous ones will not stop trying to get a peek of the brand and will resort to some funny antics sometimes until they cave in and ask where the bag is from, haha).

You just have to ignore those people. If they criticize you it's because they are jealous of you and they can't afford it. Instead of getting upset, you should try to have fun with the situation at their expense (hiding the brand name almost always works).

Sorry to hear that! It is indeed annoying to have people envying your stuff. I usually don't care about it, but I actually hear lots of fake compliments filled with envy and the evil look. I usually buy bags without logos and monograms (lots of Chloes) and that usually keeps the non connoisseurs out of the loop, since they only recognize "in ya face" :smile: logos and brands. Then I know that in most cases if someone recognizes my bags it will be someone who knows to appreciate them.

Another trick is to wear the bag with the brass/metal logo (possible on some MiuMius and Burberrys for instance) next to your body instead of "showing it" when you know someone is going to bug you (that is also very funny because the most envyous ones will not stop trying to get a peek of the brand and will resort to some funny antics sometimes until they cave in and ask where the bag is from, haha).

You just have to ignore those people. If they criticize you it's because they are jealous of you and they can't afford it. Instead of getting upset, you should try to have fun with the situation at their expense (hiding the brand name almost always works).
I agree totally. I don't use logo bags and I tend to make sure the hangtags and not noticable. It is funny to see them trying to figure out what kind of bag you have. I also only bring a wallet/wristlet for lunch runs and only a true bag lover would know what brand it is.

If Burberry is causing envy, tell them your other bag is Hermes - lol. My advice - fake confidence. It is hard to do because the haters make you feel guilty but fake it till you make it. It is high school lol