Has your taste totally changed to a new direction?

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
Have your taste changed towards designers/styles you never looked at before? For the past 30 plus years my main purchases were with Louis Vuitton loving most of the many bags. Other designers were added with some items that fit in to my lifestyle and were great while others were consigned or sold with no regrets.
Bought many different styles all in search of the perfect bag. Realized some were too heavy, too big, too small or colors no longer in love with. So out they went. Then the simplify my life goal to declutter and have less.
So out with many things that at one point were my favorites and must have wardrobe neccessities. Not missing any one of them.
But also the past few months to seriously simplify my life was a big goal and my never get rid of purses were let go to new homes. Through the years, Chanel, PROENZA SCHOULER, YSL slowly worked their way into my wardrobe after getting tired of LV monogram. Even my favorite Azur pieces are leaving my closet hopefully before the holidays. Was very easy to trade or gift purses to some dear relatives too.
So now finding what works best for me has been there for years but easier to be sidetracked by thinking other things were perfect. Realized the Neverfulls were always a go to bag but sold or traded for one reason or another.

Now the Celine Cabas horizontal tote seems to be my perfect purse. Never a designer on my radar. Now a light leather bag is what works for me. Soft leather versus structure. No heavy purses. And a tote is what seems to fit my style versus zippers and other closures.

Now down to two Celine horizontal cabas totes bought within the last three months and really content with them. Only problem is the colors are so pretty one would want to add another.......
Refreshing to look in my closet and see no clutter or things that will no be used a few times a week. Also did a simplify my wardrobe to a French Capsule one in black and white with some added pink. Have a few uniform type looks going on with accents like leather ballet flats and pretty scarves but trying to keep a classic and simple look going versus busy prints, fads and ruffles, glitter or cheap uncomfortable clothing. Easy to smile looking into my closet now.
Has anyone done this and felt life is so much easier?

Last edited:
It sounds great how you have found your style and what works for you.

I’ve downsized my collection but I have 8 or 9 Céline bags and I couldn’t let any of them go. I have 3 Fendis and 1 SL bag that I also adore. Whilst I wish I could let more go I just can’t do it. I’m so envious that you have managed this.

My closet style is much like yours, grey, black and white with a few pastels thrown in. I also love scarves.

I would love to see pics of your remaining bags and the one you hope to add ...

Yes!! For sure, I just sent a huge box of unused purses to fashionphile. I got rid of all of my bags that I can't wear crossbody. I don't own any Celine yet, but am starting to lurk around for some inspo:smile: I have mainly Chanel, but for some reason just feel too flashy wearing it, so I'm trying to find brands that don't scream what they are. I love Balenciaga bags for that reason, but unfortunately their designs are becoming so weird and undesirable that I'm onto another brand. That's why I have been lurking in here.....lol!

Yes!! For sure, I just sent a huge box of unused purses to fashionphile. I got rid of all of my bags that I can't wear crossbody. I don't own any Celine yet, but am starting to lurk around for some inspo:smile: I have mainly Chanel, but for some reason just feel too flashy wearing it, so I'm trying to find brands that don't scream what they are. I love Balenciaga bags for that reason, but unfortunately their designs are becoming so weird and undesirable that I'm onto another brand. That's why I have been lurking in here.....lol!

Feel exactly the Same with chanel and lurke celine and others but mostly celine and Hermes.

The more I carry my Celine the more I love it and realize how it serves everything I need and want from a purse.
I have had lots of compliments on it too from friends who are not familiar with Celine and all are amazed at how light it is to carry.

I realized this too!!! I've also realized that I'm a Balenciaga and Givenchy girl. I landed here in Celine looking for a third designer :smile:
Yes Celine is fabulous but I wonder what's going to happen to the brand once the designer Phoebe Philo leaves. I am really like some Dior and Fendi bags lately. Also Mulberry has some great new bags under the new designer Johnny Coco.

Yes Celine is fabulous but I wonder what's going to happen to the brand once the designer Phoebe Philo leaves. I am really like some Dior and Fendi bags lately. Also Mulberry has some great new bags under the new designer Johnny Coco.

Yes... the new designs from Mulberry are good . this Johnny Coca was Celine’s accessory & handbag designer before, and I believe he contributed in bringing the Luggage, Trapeze out! I

I started with Celine and am still a Celine fan but I've moved on to Chanel and Hermes ((really loving vintage Hermes at the moment)). I have downsized my Céline collection significantly but still have 2 bags and a few SLGs that I love using.