Has this ever happened to anyone??? (Sold two different size shoes)

SunglassLove

Troublemaker!
O.G.
Jan 26, 2009
I'm ticked!!! I found a fabulous deal on a pair of Paul Green boots (75% off!)... given, the lone one on the clearance rack was scuffed to hell but I'm a pro at conditioning leather, so I figured no big deal. Tried it on, fit perfect, and I was in a hurry (on my lunch break, and I WORK at this store). I give the boot to the SA who runs in the back and gets it's mate.

He brings them out in the box, asks if I need to try them on, and I didn't (in retrospect, my fault, but I had tried on the one that was on the clearance rack).

Ringing me up, HE CHECKS THE SIZES ON BOTH BOOTS, which DON'T match the size on the box, and finishes the transaction.

Now, I get home, pull them out of the box, and not only is one a 6 and one a 5... the 6, which I physically had in my hand and had examined all the scuffs in the store, is suddenly really scratched up (think deep gouged leather, not something that will clean up), not just scuffed up. And sure enough, instead of the 75% sticker on the sole, there's a "just reduced" 50% off sticker.

I'm thinking that he switched out the somewhat decent boot for a crappy one in back since I work in the store, which I think is crap. Not to mention the mismatched sizes!

How in the world can I fix this? I want the boots desperately but I'm thinking that they just don't have them in the back... since it's not a designer typically carried in our store. :cry:

Plus, I know it's going to be HELL just trying to return the boots if they are two different sizes.

This SUCKS! Is it sad to say that I'm terribly dissappointed with the service at my own store??!? LOL

I bought a pair of Roger Vivier suede boots last year at the big 70 percent off sale. Had them sent to my house. When I went to try them on, there were two right boots in the box. I ultimately returned them but no one at Saks had any interest in trying to find the other boot. I was soooo disappointed.

Brought them back today. Another SA went in the back and told me that there were *zero* other shoes in the store, and the only thing I could do was return them.

I was so sad. Just a bit irked because I KNOW there is another 6 back there... or that there was yesterday. They probably sold someone else a mismatched pair too.

These things are usually scanned in wth unique serial numbers (on the box). Be prepared to put up a fight if things dont' improve and don't be afraid to estcalate the case to the manager!

The condition of the shoe can be debated but the 2 different sizes?! No way!