Has the price increase taken place already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kassandra.

O.G.
Sep 10, 2008
Hi! I'm not that familiar with chanel so please bear with me!
I was thinking of buying a 226 reissue, so I visited my local boutique today and I was quoted 3280 Euros for that bag. 20 days ago the price was 2850 Euros. Has the price increase taken place already? As much as those bags are sought after I really think that this price tag is simple unreasonable for such a small bag with so many quality issues that I'm reading about. What do you all think? Are you going to pay those prices? Thank you for your input ladies!

The GST did not go up, I rushed out to get it but it never went up, now I'm wishing I had got a jumbo classic flap as that increased by about £300 these price increases are ridiculous, I am only going to buy 1 classic flap & then move on to something else, why increase the flaps but not any of the other classics I just don't understand that.

Thank you ladies for your replies! Honestly I'm really appalled by the chanel policy. I was eyeing this bag, a black 226 reissue not in calfskin but in the softest leather which is more prone to damages (as I mentioned I'm not that familiar with skin names and such but I'm sure you understand what I'm talking about!). I visited the boutique last September and they told me then that the price had just gone up from 2550 to 2850 euros. I wasn't that impressed by the bag in the first place, but I have always said to myself that I had to own a classic chanel. So I decided to wait a bit longer to see if with time I would change my mind. But now a second price increase and not a small one for that matter. 400 euros more. If chanel wants their bags to be exclusive they can have it. I think I will just order a birkin instead!

Hi, we try to avoid duplicate threads on the same subject. Please join the existing thread on price increases in our shopping forum.

Thank you! :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.