Has anyone let go/sold their Chanel WOC?

I got a red classic lambskin WOC with SHW last year as my first Chanel purchase. I sold it a couple of months ago because I sort of got over the WOC trend and wanted something a little bigger. Also, the lambskin in a light color was a total nightmare and I got two visible scratches on my bag after a couple of wears even though I’m terrible careful with my belongings. So basically I sold it because of the size and material.

Love the wocs! Only style I can rely on. I don’t carry much and I will bring a tote if I need to and slip the woc in. It’s not bulky - unlike the mini and other classics. It’s a little more hip and casual and less “old lady” like lol sorry for the comparison

Yeah I agree, I love wocs! I'm just so annoyed with carrying anything bigger than that right now. They're so versatile.

Reactions: Swanky and Elleand3
I sold my Classic black caviar with Ghw woc, but I still own two classic wocs in caviar. I love the Chanel woc...I may repurchase the classic black woc with the new magnetic closure the next time I’m in Europe. It’s not that I need another woc, but ive got two daughters and if they grow up and take my wocs, then I want to be left with at least one! Who knows how expensive they’ll be in 20 yrs!

Reactions: Bags_4_life
I happened to sell my WOC yesterday. It was a beautiful dark blue caviar leather WOC and had a lot of fun with it. I've noticed that lately I've been going for bags that are larger and that fit more. I mainly used the WOC for small trips, festivals and going out, but unfortunately we were unable to do that last year. Don't expect to be able to do it again any time soon. Maybe in a while I will miss it enormously and then buy a new one. Think I'll go for the Boy WOC then. That style is a bit more casual than the traditional WOC. Or in a beautiful bright color.

Hi all--for some reason I am having difficulty letting my camelia WOC go--even though I never use it! I have 2 wocs--a classic caviar GHW and a camelia lambskin with SHW. I don't use the WOC in general too much anyway--as I usually need to have a few more things with me and I end up going with a larger bag. When I do use the WOC I end up taking the classic WOC--maybe because it is caviar. I don't know. So, I was all set to sell my Camelia WOC--but then I stop and i remember how hard it was get! And it is just so pretty with the camelias! And then I have difficulty letting it go! Anyone have difficulty letting the WOC go--even though they don't use it! LOL

Reactions: Marleah
I currently have 1 woc in my collection. It is Lambskin with the imprinted camellias, gold hw. I love this thing. Any time we go on a trip, or to a concert this is my go to bag. It is so handy and this particular Lambskin is very sturdy (resists scratches) but is lovely to touch and look at. Fingers crossed travel and concerts will be a safe activity sometime this year ❤️

Reactions: jill39
I currently have 1 woc in my collection. It is Lambskin with the imprinted camellias, gold hw. I love this thing. Any time we go on a trip, or to a concert this is my go to bag. It is so handy and this particular Lambskin is very sturdy (resists scratches) but is lovely to touch and look at. Fingers crossed travel and concerts will be a safe activity sometime this year ❤

Yes--this type of lambskin is very sturdy! I am leaning toward just keeping it for now.

Reactions: Marleah
Hello ladies. Curious if anyone here who has owned a Chanel WOC has let go/sold theirs? I've owned a Caviar with GHW WOC for the past 2 years and while yes I do love the look of it, I notice now how I am hardly ever reaching for it. As far as the wear and tear, the corners on my WOC are also starting to wear slightly just a little bit and I do have some tiny loose threads. It is such a beautiful small bag but a bit too tiny for my needs. I just know that with the price increases and it being hard to find, I'd possibly regret it down the road lol.

Curious for anyone who has owned a WOC and sold it - why? Do you regret it?
does the magnetic closure shown wear on it? Mine does come with wear already so I wonder if it's going to get worse

I have 5 WOCs: one half bronze moon, one navy classic covered with Swarovski crystals, one classic red/orange patent, and one classic blue/grey patent, and one red Camellia in lambskin. I haven't bought any in the past 7 years or so because the prices are getting ridiculously high! Especially after the recent increase will make it US$3,000+ for one! I love my WOCs because they are cute and classy for a night out or for a formal event. I haven't worn it as an everyday bag because I like to carry a lot of stuff. But I don't think I have the heart to sell any of them!

I love my woc. I find it very functional and it looks great with any outfit. I also like that it's much more discreet than a flap for instance. I bought mine for a "great" price back in the day, but would buy it again at today's price just because of the cost per wear.

I have sold my black classic quilted caviar woc with ghw. I kind of regret it..only because I bought it in London for $2k and now I’ll have to pay about $1k more for it if I decide I want it again. I have two other classic quilted wocs (red and iridescent beige) which I love and feel more special to me, and even though I haven’t used them lately, I know I will once life goes back to normal. I didn’t use the black one that often because it didn’t feel as special and I have other small black bags.

So happy I found this thread! It helps to hear other people's experiences. I have been downsizing my purse collection recently. I actually have two WOCs and will be rehoming one of them. In the future, I may rehome the second as well. I like the way the WOC looks, but I never reach for it. So off it goes. I may keep one just for travel.
I’m curious which of your bags made the cut! I’m downsizing right now as well. I have 2 woc that I’m not sure if I should let go of 1 . I also have 1 mini and I’m debating a mini statement flap.