Has ANY Seller of High End Luxury Items EVER won a Case Filed Against Them?

Yes, I actually do list Excellent Condition first because I would say that 99.99% of my Louis Vuitton's that I sell are either New-Never Carried or Like New-Seldom carried. I was really into LV there for a while. Then it became all about Chanel. I don't even bother with my older handbags such as Coach or Fendi, etc. I really should donate those. That would be a great idea for the Christmas Holiday time. :thinking:
You were really into LV for a while - I really enjoyed seeing your reveals

If so, I would love to hear from you. Here's my story. I'm getting rid of all of my Louis Vuitton collection to fund Chanel items. All authentic I assure you. I most always have a full set including a copy of the Original Receipt. They're all practically Brand New. Some have never been carried or used!
I recently sold a Special Ltd. Edition Zippy Wallet Paillettes (Sequin) that retailed for $1,100 for $700. The Buyer received it and left me Positive Feedback that said "Thank You". I, in turn, left her Positive Feedback. Bad move on my part. But I digress. I allow returns in 14 days for any reason at all. My only requirements are that the Security Tag be attached and they must pay shipping both ways.
She DID NOT WANT TO PAY THE SHIPPING, so she filed a case that "There's Something Wrong With the Item", then went on to explain that she took the wallet to LV and a SA there deemed it a fake.
I fought long & hard to win this one. She even admitted that the wallet was NOT A FAKE during the case discussion. You would think that eBay would side with me. On no no no! They agreed that the Buyer was correct. Now I'm on the hook for all of the shipping costs & as we all know shipping is not cheap for high end items.
I'm just in absolute shock! :amazed:
So, has any high end seller ever won a case filed against them by a buyer?
Quick question...Did you call in to eBay or was the case automatically decided by eBay's system with no representative contact? I have found that when I call in and explain the details, the case is closed in my favor 99% of the time. With eBay, the system almost always will end things in the buyer's favor if the automated system is making the decision. It's always better to call in and speak to a representative even if it takes up some time.

Quick question...Did you call in to eBay or was the case automatically decided by eBay's system with no representative contact? I have found that when I call in and explain the details, the case is closed in my favor 99% of the time. With eBay, the system almost always will end things in the buyer's favor if the automated system is making the decision. It's always better to call in and speak to a representative even if it takes up some time.
OMG, eBay uses an automated system to make these very important decisions? :faint:
To answer your question, no I didn't call eBay. I thought there were REAL people reviewing these cases and making good decisions based on fact!
After they found in favor of the buyer, I did call eBay. They reversed that decision so fast it made my head swim! :stars: They deleted her Positive Feedback to me and reinstated my good name that's always running in the back ground. But the biggest thing was that they refunded my Final Value Fee. Now that WAS a big deal.
Thank you very much for this wonderful information! :hugs:

Reactions: Gabs007
OMG, eBay uses an automated system to make these very important decisions? :faint:
To answer your question, no I didn't call eBay. I thought there were REAL people reviewing these cases and making good decisions based on fact!
After they found in favor of the buyer, I did call eBay. They reversed that decision so fast it made my head swim! :stars: They deleted her Positive Feedback to me and reinstated my good name that's always running in the back ground. But the biggest thing was that they refunded my Final Value Fee. Now that WAS a big deal.
Thank you very much for this wonderful information! :hugs:
I am not 100% sure, but other eBayers I have spoke with have suggested/speculated this. If not, I still wouldn't be surprised if representatives are taught to usually take the buyer's side when deciding a case. Long story short, !ALWAYS! call in for any case against you if you know you did not do anything wrong.

I am not 100% sure, but other eBayers I have spoke with have suggested/speculated this. If not, I still wouldn't be surprised if representatives are taught to usually take the buyer's side when deciding a case. Long story short, !ALWAYS! call in for any case against you if you know you did not do anything wrong.
Thank you so much for this information! I wish I had known this a month or so back...

Agreed, always call.
I sold an LV bag a while ago. Actually got a thank you message from the buyer AND positive feedback. Then she filed as item not received! Ha. You "love love love the bag" that you didn't get?!
eBay debited my PayPal account and I was furious.
I called PayPal, I forwarded the messages and screenshot of the FB plus delivery confirmation, and I got my money back immediately. If I had dealt with the automated system, who knows.

Agreed, always call.
I sold an LV bag a while ago. Actually got a thank you message from the buyer AND positive feedback. Then she filed as item not received! Ha. You "love love love the bag" that you didn't get?!
eBay debited my PayPal account and I was furious.
I called PayPal, I forwarded the messages and screenshot of the FB plus delivery confirmation, and I got my money back immediately. If I had dealt with the automated system, who knows.
Well my eyes have certainly been opened by all of the help from my friends here at TPF. Rule #1, always call eBay. Never just let the system decide for you. You will lose & you have every chance of winning if you just call! Thanks @QuelleFromage!

Awe thanks @smallfry! Actually, it is over. eBay decided in the Buyer's favor & that's it. What's odd about it is that she hasn't mailed it back to me yet! I wonder why? She fought me long & hard, then doesn't return the wallet ASAP to get her money back? I think that eBay will provide me with a Tracking # and that has not been received. But I could be mistaken. Maybe it will just show up.

I think I'm going to do just that after the Christmas buying Season. I think I'll go to either a Buy Out or a Consignment with Yoogi's or FP (maybe FP). I believe that this is the last straw for me and Evil Bay. But best of luck to you! :flowers:
I'm just reading this now. Same thing happened to me on Ebay. Brand new item in box and pristine condition. I emailed buyer asking if she was happy with item. She said yes. Then 2 WEEKS later she contacts me and said she did not like the color. Well as a courtesy I refunded her but told her I did not have too. What Ebay told me is that wait for the return and tracking shipment number and inspect the item when you get it and then issue the refund. There's a button for you to do that. I would call Ebay and let them know you have not received the item back.

I'm just reading this now. Same thing happened to me on Ebay. Brand new item in box and pristine condition. I emailed buyer asking if she was happy with item. She said yes. Then 2 WEEKS later she contacts me and said she did not like the color. Well as a courtesy I refunded her but told her I did not have too. What Ebay told me is that wait for the return and tracking shipment number and inspect the item when you get it and then issue the refund. There's a button for you to do that. I would call Ebay and let them know you have not received the item back.
Well, I was given some very good advice here on TPF. They told me to call Evil Bay & fight for myself. Well, low and behold, they reversed their decision, refunded my final value fees, and I got the wallet back in perfect condition! So to sum it up, always call ebay when something like this happens. Also, you should never refund the Buyer until you have your item back in good condition. I hope you get it back since you've already given her the money back...

Well, I was given some very good advice here on TPF. They told me to call Evil Bay & fight for myself. Well, low and behold, they reversed their decision, refunded my final value fees, and I got the wallet back in perfect condition! So to sum it up, always call ebay when something like this happens. Also, you should never refund the Buyer until you have your item back in good condition. I hope you get it back since you've already given her the money back...
I did get it back just lost 13 dollars in shipping. I think I'm beginning to figure out this out. Some buyers get excellent ratings because as soon as they pay and a few days go by people rate them excellent buyers but then a few weeks later some of them want to return their items even though clearly some sellers say no return. I'm glad you got your item back.

I did get it back just lost 13 dollars in shipping. I think I'm beginning to figure out this out. Some buyers get excellent ratings because as soon as they pay and a few days go by people rate them excellent buyers but then a few weeks later some of them want to return their items even though clearly some sellers say no return. I'm glad you got your item back.
All buyers have excellent ratings. You can't give a buyer anything but positive feedback.