Harvey Weinstein

Here's an example when I said HW is taking all the heat. Reese said something happened but didn't give a name. No one is giving names other than that of HW. Why? Are they afraid of being sued?

My guess? The man she is referring to is still a power in Hollywood and she doesn't want to face off against him. It happened 25 years ago and any evidence or witnesses are long gone.

There isn't going to be a witch hunt to expose all of the sexual predators in Hollywood. The industry is perfectly willing to have Harvey serve as the scapegoat for all the rest and hope the dust settles and attention moves elsewhere.

Here's an example when I said HW is taking all the heat. Reese said something happened but didn't give a name. No one is giving names other than that of HW. Why? Are they afraid of being sued?

Reese Witherspoon alleges sexual assault by director when she was 16

Reese Witherspoon has alleged that she was sexually assaulted by a director when she was 16, but was told to remain silent by agents and producers.

The actor made the claims during a speech reflecting on the problems faced by women in the film industry at the Elle Women in Hollywood event on Monday,People reports. Witherspoon did not name the director in question but said that the incident was the first of many experiences of “harassment and sexual assault” throughout her career.

“[I feel] true disgust at the director who assaulted me when I was 16 years old and anger at the agents and the producers who made me feel that silence was a condition of my employment. And I wish that I could tell you that was an isolated incident in my career, but sadly it wasn’t. I’ve had multiple experiences of harassment and sexual assault and I don’t speak about them very often,” she added.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...es-sexual-assault-by-director-when-she-was-16

I have no idea why she didn't name names, but I'm assuming she's doing so for a reason that she feels is valid. Maybe she's speaking with law enforcement or other actors who've been assaulted. Maybe she's not doing that at all. Again, it's not my place to understand, or ask, why.
Secondly, how is HW taking all the heat for this? And what do you even mean by that? Again, is a judge or the media going to look at Reese's comments and pin them on HW?? The only reason he was mentioned was cause it seems like the fact that women are finally speaking up about him is creating an environment for other women to feel more comfortable discussing their experiences.
I'm still confused why this would be an issue for you. Isn't the fact that Reese feels comfortable sharing her experiences about abuse and harassment in Hollywood a positive thing to you? Don't you think that perhaps if younger, more insecure actors see someone like Reese talking about this, it might help them feel more comfortable coming out?

so has corey haims abuser ever been named or does everyone know who it is and just doesn't say anything publicly??

I found this article: http://theshaderoom.com/corey-haims...-of-the-actors-alleged-rapist-after-30-years/

Never heard of him before. Sad.

#CoreyHaim was one of Hollywood’s most prominent child stars in the 80’s, unfortunately like many childhood stars life for Haim as an adult hasn’t been the best. The public would later come to learn that he, along with countless other children and teens, were sexually assaulted by another prominent actor. For over three decades, the identity of Haim’s attacker has remained a mystery out of fear of being blacklisted or killed.

Fortunately, his mother and a close friend have decided to reveal the name of the alleged rapist to bring closure to the incident. In a very detailed Facebook post, Haim’s friend Greg Harrison revealed details of the late child actor’s past with sexual abuse and finally names his alleged attacker…. Actor/Director Dominick Brascia.

This actor/director is rumored to be running a molestation ring as well, however that has yet to be confirmed. Harrison also alleges that actor/singer Corey Feldman had a hand in Corey Haim’s demise, citing that he once thought it was a good idea to bring the alleged attacker on the set of “Busted” back in 1997.

Reese Witherspoon alleges sexual assault by director when she was 16

Reese Witherspoon has alleged that she was sexually assaulted by a director when she was 16, but was told to remain silent by agents and producers.

The actor made the claims during a speech reflecting on the problems faced by women in the film industry at the Elle Women in Hollywood event on Monday,People reports. Witherspoon did not name the director in question but said that the incident was the first of many experiences of “harassment and sexual assault” throughout her career.

“[I feel] true disgust at the director who assaulted me when I was 16 years old and anger at the agents and the producers who made me feel that silence was a condition of my employment. And I wish that I could tell you that was an isolated incident in my career, but sadly it wasn’t. I’ve had multiple experiences of harassment and sexual assault and I don’t speak about them very often,” she added.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...es-sexual-assault-by-director-when-she-was-16
And Ms. Witherspoon will get the last laugh. She started her own production company, Pacific Standard which has produced several good movies...recently the highly successful Big Little Lies for HBO. I notice more big-name actresses are getting into producing...maybe Horrid Harvey and his ilk were the catalysts. I'd like to think positive things will come out of this horror. Powerful women in Hollywood...KARMA!

Last edited:
It seems like no one woman was safe around him...

Lupita Nyong'o's account of her encounters with him is so insightful and so familiar--anyone who has ever been harassed can recognize the pattern (though not the extremity of it in Weinstein's case). And it also explains how predators con people into a "second" encounter, a fact that is often used against women.

Lupita Nyong'o said it perfectly. These two parts especially.

"What I am most interested in now is combating the shame we go through that keeps us isolated and allows for harm to continue to be done. I wish I had known that there were women in the business I could have talked to. I wish I had known that there were ears to hear me. That justice could be served. There is clearly power in numbers. I thank the women who have spoken up and given me the strength to revisit this unfortunate moment in my past."

"I hope we can form a community where a woman can speak up about abuse and not suffer another abuse by not being believed and instead being ridiculed. That’s why we don’t speak up — for fear of suffering twice, and for fear of being labeled and characterized by our moment of powerlessness. "

These are the reasons why many women don't speak up. Because they felt isolated, powerless and the fear of not being believed. Telling these women why they didn't speak up to stop the abuse, I think, adds insult to injury. Instead of blaming the the predator, we also cast blame on women who ARE victims themselves.