HARDWARE REFERENCE Thread (Old, Signature & Mixed!)

I just recently purchased a rose mini nikki with the silver or light gold hardware but to me it looks silver. I'm nothing bags on nordstrom.com and lunaboston.com the hardware looks all gold. Is this the new hardware and is it going to all be gold? I'm have trouble finding bags with the silver or light gold hardware :sad:.

It is LIGHT gold.. it just looks silver in some lights but it's really not.

Let me ask you this, you have the SIGNATURE harware right? On your rose nikki? That hardware is no longer being made. The new harwdare going forward is called MIXED hardware. It will come in Gold, Silver and even Gunmetal.

Has the hardware changed again? I am considering my first RM Nikki purchase and some of the bags I'm seeing (which I think are from this year as they have the polka dot lining) have round links from the shoulder strap to the body of the bag and where the dog leash clip attaches. Also the feet are plain (no RM markings that I can see).

Hi 14Beckett, yes, RM hardware has changed again :smile:. The newest Nikkis (Fall 2010) have large round rings (stamped "Rebecca Minkoff") connecting the shoulder strap and dogleash clips. I believe the lining is black with white printed dashes. Earlier this year the Nikkis had trapezoid rings connecting the shoulder strap, and square rings connecting the dogleash clips, along with blue lining w/ black polka dots or white lining w/ skinny grey stripes. All of these Nikkis have hexagonal feet with no RM markings. Only the signature hardware had engraved feet.

Hope this helps you find the right Nikki.

Hi everyone, I noticed that there are differences in gold hardware when I was checking out some Macs today: a deep/brassy gold, and a light gold. Are there official names for these, and are they seasonal?
Thank you in advance!

--edit--
I realized I posted this in the wrong section, I'm sorry! I think it belongs in the reference section.