Handles on bbags still an issue??

KensingtonUK

Jun 13, 2014
I have a 2007 BBag City with Regular hardware. Although I love it. Since day one, the rubber sealant has been cracked on the handles. Balenciaga sent it to Paris twice to fix and both times came back the same except the last time, they ended up adding dye to my bag. Not impress but wondering if they have finally fixed the issues as I kind of want another one in a different style

Omg i have d same issues. But i only sent to fix once n then i gave up. I love d bag so much so i try not to care. My prob is on d sealant around d handle base. I just hope it wont get worse since im planning to use it fr every day bag for a looong time. But i know i wont buy any more bbags.

I have a 2007 BBag City with Regular hardware. Although I love it. Since day one, the rubber sealant has been cracked on the handles. Balenciaga sent it to Paris twice to fix and both times came back the same except the last time, they ended up adding dye to my bag. Not impress but wondering if they have finally fixed the issues as I kind of want another one in a different style
I've got 6 bbags from 2012/2013 and have not experienced this problem on any of them. I don't know if I've just been lucky or if they have fixed the problem on newer bags now.

I'm not really sure this is an actual "issue". Rather, I think the two of you just got really unlucky.
It's certainly not something I've heard of before :shrugs:

I haven't heard of this issue before either, and all my Bals' handles are fine (even the pre-loved ones). As others have suggested, maybe you two just got unlucky? :shucks:

Omg i have d same issues. But i only sent to fix once n then i gave up. I love d bag so much so i try not to care. My prob is on d sealant around d handle base. I just hope it wont get worse since im planning to use it fr every day bag for a looong time. But i know i wont buy any more bbags.

Can either of you post pictures of this for me. Thanks!

I have some very old bags that have managed to retain a nice smooth edge-coating. Others not so much. I think the Fiebings can add a bit of protection, and perhaps slow down wear. I would love something that would be able to fill in the opening, and leave a nice smooth curve on top as when it was new. Haven't found that yet.

Yes, I was just noticing this exact thing on my Bal. I bought it consignment back in May and just noticed it yesterday. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there when I first got it, as I looked it over thoroughly. Was considering taking it to my local cobbler to see if they can apply a sealant vs. a dye.

All my Bals (3 Purses) have some sealant loss where my hand holds them, but they are from 2004 & 2006, and pretty used/vintage looking, which I love. I'm not surprised that they are in this condition, since they have been used and used (but not abused). But if I had a brand new bag, that sealant better last for a long while.

I didn't quite know where to put this question, but I recently purchased a 2005 Bal city. The seller did not disclose that the leather on the handles has pulled apart exposing these white lines all the way down. Does anyone know if this is common? I own several other 2005 Bals and had never had this issue.

rsz_1rsz_20140812_202608.jpg

I didn't quite know where to put this question, but I recently purchased a 2005 Bal city. The seller did not disclose that the leather on the handles has pulled apart exposing these white lines all the way down. Does anyone know if this is common? I own several other 2005 Bals and had never had this issue.

View attachment 2718320

Yes, it is very common. See the notes above. The leather on your bag looks gorgeous, btw!