Handle replacement options?

Ms. Pursonality

Bagaholic
Jul 1, 2009
I read the sticky on "issues with your bag" and it didn't fall under any of the categories so I thought I would put this out for your assistance. I recently purchased a lovely MAM in sage on bonanzle and knew going in that the handles were darkened and mismatched in color. I love this bag and am wondering if there might be an option to have new handles put on her. I read one of the posts where the person was sending their bag to LMB for reconditioning. What is LMB? Is this an option for total replacement of handles or should I contact RM? I am more than willing to pay for the service since it is obviously an older bag (any ideas on possible cost?) and I would love to see her with nicer handles. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions you have:smile:

Hello! Congrats on your new Sage MAM! I have the same bag, and I adore it! The strange thing is...my MAM has the same problem! I also bought it pre-loved and mine is not so bad that I need to replace or recondition it.

LMB is a company (Lovin' My Bag's) that sells amazing products and also restores handbags. I've never used the service, but have bought a great product called For Handles Only that you put on to prevent any darkening on your purse handles. I've seen transforms that are unbelieveable so its possible they may be able to help you. If it is oil from hands that has darkened your bag, I believe they have an oil extraction service. From what I remember its a little pricey $185 I think, so I'm not sure if they only needed to do one handle if they would charge you half of that.

You can also send your bag into RM to get the handles replaced (which I have done) and it costs around $70. I'm not sure if they could do this with your Sage beauty because I don't believe they have any sage leather left, but its worth a shot. You can contact Codi ([email protected]) who can help you out.

I hope that helps out....Enjoy your lovely Sage, its TDF!

Hi Pursekidd!

You are awesome! Thank you so much for your reply and insight. I am glad that I do have options. It truly is a beautiful bag and I would love to restore at least the mismatched handle so that it is not quite so obvious. Thank you again!:biggrin: