handle marks caused by brass studs..

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
Hi - I have recently purchased a little first that has a few marks on the base of the handles caused by storing the bag with the handles turned down, creating little black 'indents'.
Has anyone successfully removed these marks using a particular product?
Thanks..

oopsss...sorry I thought I put this in the care and maintenance thread?

Hi - I have recently purchased a little first that has a few marks on the base of the handles caused by storing the bag with the handles turned down, creating little black 'indents'.
Has anyone successfully removed these marks using a particular product?
Thanks..

oopsss...sorry I thought I put this in the care and maintenance thread?

I've had this happen on quite a few bags unfortunately (especially prevalent on the lighter-colored leather bags). I've never treated it, I'm too afraid that a cleaning product will remove some of the color!! It's just kind of a by-product of the design ...

^^ I would expect nothing less from you Miss Do-It-Yourselfer :biggrin:

You should start an instructional series on youtube or something....call it.....

The Handy Baglady! :lol:

I can step in as a guest and do segments on Leather Honey and Top Glazing :lol:

I've noticed that on some bags that are newer, because the bag hasn't been stored too long due the bag being relatively brand new, the marks come out with normal use. The dents haven't been in there for too long, so they just kind of pop out and "un-indent" eventually.

For the bags that are stored that way throughout the duration of the lifetime of the bag - that's a different story. I guess those are there to stay and won't become deeper/worse if you store them with the handles up.

Has never bothered me though.