Handbag insurance ?

I’ve just renewed my house insurance and specifically asked about my bags. I was told that they are included in general contents rather than valuables likes watches, jewellery and cameras. As well as calculating the total contents, i checked what the single item limit was. My policy requires items to be listed if worth over £3000 each. I love my collection but nothing is that valuable on its own. Some policies have it that over £1000 must be listed.

The other thing worth checking is how much cover you have away from the house in case anything is stolen :sad:. I increased this as I sometimes take a couple of bags away on holiday.

Hi! I haven’t seen this thread, and I’ve really hunted!

Ive scoured the internet and I cannot find any helpful information about handbag insurance. (It’s probably worth mentioning that I’m in NYS).

From what I understand, typically it would fall under your homeowners insurance, but my policy doesn’t allow for very much coverage for “specialty” items. I spent over an hour with them adjusting everything.
Needless to say, I have all of my jewelry covered through jewelers mutual, but I’m wondering if there is anywhere that I can get a policy or something to cover my extensive handbag collection/accessories! (Approx $45k). The only company that I saw that offered something specific was AIG, however they only accept members whose homes cost a certain amount of money, and since I live in a townhouse/condo I don’t fall into that bracket.

Please advise!! Thanks!!

Reactions: Datenightalone
Hello everyone,
I’ve been contemplating for a while now on getting an insurance policy (separate to my homeowners insurance) for my luxury goods. I own a couple LV, Gucci, and YSL pieces in addition to my jewelry. I have heard of people insuring their jewelry but not their handbags so I was curious if anyone here has done it??
Thanks in advance for your help.

Reactions: Datenightalone
Hello everyone,
I’ve been contemplating for a while now on getting an insurance policy (separate to my homeowners insurance) for my luxury goods. I own a couple LV, Gucci, and YSL pieces in addition to my jewelry. I have heard of people insuring their jewelry but not their handbags so I was curious if anyone here has done it??
Thanks in advance for your help.

Absolutely! Handbag collections are still incredibly emotionally/ financially precious and valuable. If you have an extensive collection I highly recommend doing so. I’d also recommend having a separate list detailing everything about each item: faults, model, colour way. If they were, god forbid, to get stolen it’d be recognizable.