Hampstead, jasmin & lodge pm OR mirage speedy?

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
A sunny, happy place!
I have been eyeing the mirage speedy in bordeaux for the longest time but am hesitant to take the plunge mainly due to the high price point. Right now there's a chance to own one in near pristine condition at a reasonably good price. However, I've recently ordered a Prada nappa gaufre and am planning to buy DH a new Tag as anniversary gift, so the only way I can fund this purchase is to sell a few bags from my existing collection.

I've narrowed down my potential 'to-sell list' to 3 bags - Hampstead PM, Epi Jasmin in Mandarin and Black MC Lodge PM. It's still a tough decision as I do use them every now and then (not that they have been sitting in the closet gathering dust), and they are unique in their own ways. I don't LOVE them to death, but I don't dislike them, KWIM? :thinking:

I already own 2 speedys (Damier ebene and white watercolor 30), but the mirage speedy is still...special :love: And I am pretty sure I can get a lot of use out of it, since it's so versatile and gorgeous.

So here's the question: Is it worth giving up 3 bags for 1? I'm also thinking this may be a good chance to downsize my collection i.e. quality vs. quantity. Ladies, what do you think? I'd really like to hear your views! :smile::smile:

P/S: Please note that I have no intention to solicit any sales here on this forum. I go to a regular consignment store in my area as I prefer to skip all the hassle and risks of dealing directly with potential buyers.

19flowers

O.G.
Apr 25, 2008
USA
I sell bags I'm not using much to help fund another bag -- if you're not really attached to them, sell them and get that gorgeous Mirage Speedy!!

Jelly Belly

Sep 20, 2010
T.O
I say do it! I think the mirage Speedy is worth it! It's definitely a gorgeous piece!

Good luck and don't forget to show us some reveal pics if you choose to get it!

Dec 11, 2006
NYC
Oh mirage speedy in bordeaux is one of my absolute fav bags and the one I get the most compliments on, incl LV SAs!

Last edited:

itsonly4me

Oskar Waltz
O.G.
May 8, 2007
PA
Mirage speedy for sure. I also have been lusting over one but can not force myself to pay over retail.

conrad18

O.G.
Apr 3, 2007
If you're not in-love with those three bags, I would recommend selling to buy the one that you truly want! I have a Mirage Speedy and it's absolutely gorgeous. I get so many compliments on it; I even had one lady try to buy my bag when I was at the LV boutique in San Francisco!