Hampstead, jasmin & lodge pm OR mirage speedy?

Yikkie

Avid Purse Lover!
O.G.
May 26, 2008
I have been eyeing the mirage speedy in bordeaux for the longest time but am hesitant to take the plunge mainly due to the high price point. Right now there's a chance to own one in near pristine condition at a reasonably good price. However, I've recently ordered a Prada nappa gaufre and am planning to buy DH a new Tag as anniversary gift, so the only way I can fund this purchase is to sell a few bags from my existing collection.

I've narrowed down my potential 'to-sell list' to 3 bags - Hampstead PM, Epi Jasmin in Mandarin and Black MC Lodge PM. It's still a tough decision as I do use them every now and then (not that they have been sitting in the closet gathering dust), and they are unique in their own ways. I don't LOVE them to death, but I don't dislike them, KWIM? :thinking:

I already own 2 speedys (Damier ebene and white watercolor 30), but the mirage speedy is still...special :love: And I am pretty sure I can get a lot of use out of it, since it's so versatile and gorgeous.

So here's the question: Is it worth giving up 3 bags for 1? I'm also thinking this may be a good chance to downsize my collection i.e. quality vs. quantity. Ladies, what do you think? I'd really like to hear your views! :smile::smile:

P/S: Please note that I have no intention to solicit any sales here on this forum. I go to a regular consignment store in my area as I prefer to skip all the hassle and risks of dealing directly with potential buyers.

Sounds like the Mirage is the way to go for you.

Personally I'll hold a little ceremony for the Mandarin Jasmin and cry a little since it's my favourite Epi Colour hehe.

If you're not in-love with those three bags, I would recommend selling to buy the one that you truly want! I have a Mirage Speedy and it's absolutely gorgeous. I get so many compliments on it; I even had one lady try to buy my bag when I was at the LV boutique in San Francisco!