Halzan 31 clemence or Bolide 27 epsom to replace Chanel jumbo

ms_sivalley

Feb 6, 2018
With a toddler in tow, the Chanel jumbo is a little too boxy and heavy for day to day use. I like the versatility of a Halzan but am concern with the longevity of the design. The Bolide looks classic but the zipper might not be the easiest to get in and out of, it is also missing the outside pocket where I usually store my iphone. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: CMilly
Halzan is a fantastic bag. Over the shoulder, cross body, easy to travel with, plenty of outside pocket space. Can't say enough good things. Especially in Clemence. I would do another but for the limited color options and lack of gold hardware. There's a Halzan thread in the Clubhouse if you're interested in more discussion. Good luck!

Halzan is a fantastic bag. Over the shoulder, cross body, easy to travel with, plenty of outside pocket space. Can't say enough good things. Especially in Clemence. I would do another but for the limited color options and lack of gold hardware. There's a Halzan thread in the Clubhouse if you're interested in more discussion. Good luck!
Thank you very much for your response. I love how comfortable it is to wear the Halzan but I am not sure whether it will stand the test of time because it is a relatively new design. My logical side just won't let go of this question lol

i think you will find the bolide frustrating for the purposes of the bag you have stated
one point to conisder may be that the bolide 27 would be quite small especially if it is in epsom as the leather is more "rigid" when compared to a halzan 31 in clemence

I recently got both a Bolide 27 (gris mouette epsom) and a Halzan 31 (gold clemence). I love both but for what you are looking for I think the Halzan...its super easy to use and very convenient outside pockets and different ways to carry!! I usually carry my bolide unzipped...

I love the Halzan for all those reasons that you ladies have stated above, not to mention it is more forgiving on the wallet as well :P
Any counter arguments from Bolide lovers?

With a toddler in tow, the Chanel jumbo is a little too boxy and heavy for day to day use. I like the versatility of a Halzan but am concern with the longevity of the design. The Bolide looks classic but the zipper might not be the easiest to get in and out of, it is also missing the outside pocket where I usually store my iphone. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Have you considered an Evelyne? It’s my aboslute go-to with little kids. It’s crossbody (though with a twilly you can shorten the strap to a much shorter length), it has a nice outside pocket (good for phone, wipes, tissues). I feel you are concerned about things falling out, you can further organize the large compartment using flat zip pouches.

Reactions: ms_sivalley
Have you considered an Evelyne? It’s my aboslute go-to with little kids. It’s crossbody (though with a twilly you can shorten the strap to a much shorter length), it has a nice outside pocket (good for phone, wipes, tissues). I feel you are concerned about things falling out, you can further organize the large compartment using flat zip pouches.
Thank you for your suggestion! I too agree Evelyne is a really practical bag especially around kids. Too bad they don't make a size in between tpm and pm. The pm looks humongous on me lol. Having said that, I would love to have a tpm for kids free days!

I know this thread has been quiet for over a year but just wanted to reach out to Halzan/bolide lovers. I currently have Bordeaux Halzan, black Lindy, gold roulis and gold evelyne, use Halzan the most bc xbody and outside phone pocket and size (31) good for holding everything I want. I was planning on adding another Halzan but then fell in lust with the sleek lines of bolide 1923 (30 cm) in grey asphalt. I asked them to hold and then researched the price and was shocked how much more it is than the Halzan! Should I stick to my guns and get a grey Halzan or is that sleek bolide 1923 a must have in my collection? Help a purse lover out :smile:

Reactions: CMilly
I know this thread has been quiet for over a year but just wanted to reach out to Halzan/bolide lovers. I currently have Bordeaux Halzan, black Lindy, gold roulis and gold evelyne, use Halzan the most bc xbody and outside phone pocket and size (31) good for holding everything I want. I was planning on adding another Halzan but then fell in lust with the sleek lines of bolide 1923 (30 cm) in grey asphalt. I asked them to hold and then researched the price and was shocked how much more it is than the Halzan! Should I stick to my guns and get a grey Halzan or is that sleek bolide 1923 a must have in my collection? Help a purse lover out :smile:
I will go for bolide
1923 is chic
Ga is nice neutral
Since you have a happy halzan
I love varieties
I like to venture out
Bolide is classic too