Hair straightener recommendation

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I'm needing to buy a new 1 1/4 inch hair straightener. I have a course curly hair so I need something that gets pretty hot. I don't mind spending a little extra time get something that works well. Do you guys have any recommendations?

2. I still recommend the GHD!

tua likes this.
  3. I've had good luck with the Conair Infiniti Pro Tourmaline ceramic flat iron-it comes in a bunch of sizes including 1 1/4 inch and has a dial for adjusting temperature. It gets really hot and works great on my thick coarse hair (I don't even use it on the hottest setting). Also it's around $40 if I remember correctly. Hope this helps!

4. I have extremely curly hair and my Sedu used to work great but after I've had it for over 7 years it doesn't really work that great. I used to love it because it was the only flat iron I found that heats up to 450 degrees. Unfortunately, I need more than a max heat of 300-350 (like most flat irons have) or my curls don't get completely straight.

5. I just bought a T3 single pass and I adore it. Plus, it looks so pretty on my vanity!

6. Another vote for GHD. I’ve been using mine for past 2 yrs without any problem

Swanky likes this.
  7. When my GHD died, after many good years, I switched to Cloud Nine. I think it’s from the same people who originally started GHD. I love it, I think it does a better job for me personally than the GHD did. I have thick, wavy and frizzy hair.

8. I love CROC! My hair is so soft and smooth after. It looks like you got your hair professionally straightened.

9. Babyliss ( or my Baby Bliss lol) is great. It heats to 450 and straightens out my hair perfectly- even my annoying ends. I have long thick hair- my stylist says I have more hair per square inch than anybody she’s seen before!

10. Keratin treatment. Best thing I ever did for my hair.

11. #12 Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    I have multiple straighteners (original old-school Chi, Sultra Seductress, Conair Nano Tourmaline, Hot Tools, GHD Platinum, a Titanium one). I have extremely coarse, thick, naturally wavy hair. My favorite is the GHD Platinum. Heats up super quick, does a great job in one pass. No frizz, no weird "bendy" spots or underlying wave. I never have to do a second pass, and it really locks in my straightness & lasts for 2-3 days if I skip washing.

My second choice would be the original Chi - it is a very, very close second to the GHD. However, mine is 10+ years old, and I've heard they are different quality now. My stylist uses a Croc on me, and it works well.