Hair Products for Chlorine

mcb100

O.G.
Jan 8, 2007
Hi, all I was wondering if anyone could recommend any products to use before/after swimming in a pool? I've recently taken up an in the water fitness class that's twice a week and don't want to ruin my hair, as the water does get in my hair. Before this, I don't have a lot of experience with products to use in your hair for chlorine because I've never had a pool, and only go in up to my ankles at the beach (probably equally bad, even though I don't think there's chlorine in saltwater)...but now I really don't want my hair to suffer. They can be high end products, I currently use Kerastase and really like it, but I want to make sure I'm using something that reverses the effects of the chlorine! Thanks so much, guys! :smile:

My daughter is a competitive swimmer. She has waist length blonde hair. We use a cleansing conditioner only. Havent used a regular shampoo in over a year. We use herbal essences naked cleansing conditioner.

Hi, all I was wondering if anyone could recommend any products to use before/after swimming in a pool? I've recently taken up an in the water fitness class that's twice a week and don't want to ruin my hair, as the water does get in my hair. Before this, I don't have a lot of experience with products to use in your hair for chlorine because I've never had a pool, and only go in up to my ankles at the beach (probably equally bad, even though I don't think there's chlorine in saltwater)...but now I really don't want my hair to suffer. They can be high end products, I currently use Kerastase and really like it, but I want to make sure I'm using something that reverses the effects of the chlorine! Thanks so much, guys! :smile:

The most important thing is to rinse your hair in the shower as soon as possible when you finish your class. And to use a good cleansing shampoo, since you use and like Kerastase, try their Soleil Bain Apres-Soleil range.

I used to swim 3-4 times a week and often didn't bother to wash my hair after. It took 3-4yrs to finally grow out all my chlorine damaged hair- every hairdresser I went to used to say, "oh you swim a lot, don't you?", even after I stopped swimming :Push: Their advice was to wash my hair with a product designed for cleansing chlorine/salt water as soon as finishing my swim.