H good avail in Japan only - Help/Recommendations

From my experience exploring several locations, SAs in Japan most likely won’t say “no bags” right away, but they would say “let me check” by going to the stockroom, followed by “sorry today no bags.”

They like to exercise and burn a few calories :smile:

99.99% of them are very polite and friendly, except for this one SA at Nihombashi Takashimaya, she screened me from top to bottom, no smile, and said “no bags!”

From my experience exploring several locations, SAs in Japan most likely won’t say “no bags” right away, but they would say “let me check” by going to the stockroom, followed by “sorry today no bags.”

They like to exercise and burn a few calories :smile:

99.99% of them are very polite and friendly, except for this one SA at Nihombashi Takashimaya, she screened me from top to bottom, no smile, and said “no bags!”
you are lucky. All said no bags to me immediately.

Reactions: mydogisadiva
I recently visited a number of the osaka h stores and most of the h staff were quite unfriendly even for non bag items and made my local h store look like the friendliest place ever. I did find one amazing sa who helped me select scarves that would work for me. Unlike my home store most people seemed to look at a few things and left.

Hi! Im planning to go to Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto) next month. I’m planning to look around at secondhand stores that are selling B/K. Can I please get any reputable store recs? I know ginza xiaoma is reputable (and probably most famous, but super pricey?) im interested in both vintage and new bags. TIA :heart:

Hi! Im planning to go to Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto) next month. I’m planning to look around at secondhand stores that are selling B/K. Can I please get any reputable store recs? I know ginza xiaoma is reputable (and probably most famous, but super pricey?) im interested in both vintage and new bags. TIA :heart:
I agree Ginza is super pricey but their stock seem BNIB so depends on what you're looking for. I got a bolide at Amore Vintage in Tokyo last year. I was not looking for BCK nor brand new though. If you do a quick search you should find tons of recs on other H thread.

I agree Ginza is super pricey but their stock seem BNIB so depends on what you're looking for. I got a bolide at Amore Vintage in Tokyo last year. I was not looking for BCK nor brand new though. If you do a quick search you should find tons of recs on other H thread.
Ah thank you, Im not really interested with BNIB or recent ones. Im actually interested with vintage? B/K from 1990's, I fell in love with Courchevel leather haha.

I was just in Japan and visited four different stores in four different areas. They are basically sold out of everything, no bags available of any sort in any of the stores, let alone a Constance. Maybe it would have been different if I would have gone in and bought $25,000 worth of fine jewelry or something; bags magically can appear in cases like that. But if you want to just go in and buy normal items don't get your hopes up for finding much of anything and definitely not any bags.
Better to splurge 25K in northern Europe. At least you can get something. I give up on Japan.