H good avail in Japan only - Help/Recommendations

Hi girls

I have a really dumb question.

I just realized that the few purchases I made from Japan H did not come with receipts but only a card with the purchase date, and this happens to the three stores I've made purchases from.

I always thought I have misplaced the receipts but my husband is pretty sure we didn't get any printed receipts other than the credit card payment receipts.

Is this normal? Thanks so much for all the help in advance :smile:

Did u purchase them via department stores and have tax refund?

There is a possibility that they have stapled the receipt in your passport for customs check... but I am only guessing....
(Based on my past non-H experiences)

But for Ginza, several yrs ago they directly charged me the tax-free price and I got the usual H receipt....

Hope u find out the answers soon!

Did u purchase them via department stores and have tax refund?

There is a possibility that they have stapled the receipt in your passport for customs check... but I am only guessing....
(Based on my past non-H experiences)

But for Ginza, several yrs ago they directly charged me the tax-free price and I got the usual H receipt....

Hope u find out the answers soon!

Yes my purchases are all from department stores, I would've thought they have a receipt for tax and receipt for customer copy but I think you are right, it might have been stapled on the passport and gone to the customs.. I did also made purchases from Ginza last year and don't recall having a receipt as well. It's very interesting [emoji848][emoji848]

did also made purchases from Ginza last year and don't recall having a receipt as well. It's very interesting [emoji848][emoji848]

I just double checked with my fd who purchased a C at department store few months ago... she got the receipt with her becoz she didn't do tax refund
The receipt is the department store receipt instead of the normal H paper receipt
So I d have thought if she claimed for tax refund she d have had her receipt stapled in the passport and be peeled off at Customs~

But usually for department store receipts (not only in Japan but in most countries), u d only see the store name and very brief description or even no description for the items and the price only (if that makes u feel better)

But for Japanese H, u usually get the little tag on your bag with the details like colour leather and stuff so that helps when u wanna check for colour code

Hope the above helps~ ^^

Hi,

when i bought from departmental store they dont give the usual H receipt instead is those printed one like a credit card slip

Hi girls

I have a really dumb question.

I just realized that the few purchases I made from Japan H did not come with receipts but only a card with the purchase date, and this happens to the three stores I've made purchases from.

I always thought I have misplaced the receipts but my husband is pretty sure we didn't get any printed receipts other than the credit card payment receipts.

Hi,

when i bought from departmental store they dont give the usual H receipt instead is those printed one like a credit card slip

I just double checked with my fd who purchased a C at department store few months ago... she got the receipt with her becoz she didn't do tax refund
The receipt is the department store receipt instead of the normal H paper receipt
So I d have thought if she claimed for tax refund she d have had her receipt stapled in the passport and be peeled off at Customs~

But usually for department store receipts (not only in Japan but in most countries), u d only see the store name and very brief description or even no description for the items and the price only (if that makes u feel better)

But for Japanese H, u usually get the little tag on your bag with the details like colour leather and stuff so that helps when u wanna check for colour code

Hope the above helps~ ^^

Thank you so much for your help :smile: that makes sense now. Next time I should probably ask for a copy of receipt for myself. I can't remember how much I spent on the items now lol

I did bought twillies at airport store too and they didn't give me proper H receipt as well..

I did bought twillies at airport store too and they didn't give me proper H receipt as well..

Take a pic would be good... even if u have the copy, do make a photocopy as those shiny little smooth paper is not liking the ink.. the words usually start to disappear in a few days if u put it your purse, which may involve a lot of rubbing between receipts or bank notes (happened to me a few times, even for my engagement ring receipt which was nicely folded n put in the receipt holder)

For H stores in the airports, they are consignment stores so they can't issue proper normal H receipts (just like those in the department stores)
Only the boutiques would give u H receipt~

Sorry for being explanatory... I like to keep all receipts in order..to see the stack getting thick... . a little H journey lol

Reactions: nanaimo75
Take a pic would be good... even if u have the copy, do make a photocopy as those shiny little smooth paper is not liking the ink.. the words usually start to disappear in a few days if u put it your purse, which may involve a lot of rubbing between receipts or bank notes (happened to me a few times, even for my engagement ring receipt which was nicely folded n put in the receipt holder)

For H stores in the airports, they are consignment stores so they can't issue proper normal H receipts (just like those in the department stores)
Only the boutiques would give u H receipt~

Sorry for being explanatory... I like to keep all receipts in order..to see the stack getting thick... . a little H journey lol

Thank you for the tips :smile: will do next time [emoji6]