Guilloche for everyday wear?

Mine has some minor scratches so I don't wear it daily now. I don't mind that so much, the thing I have to make peace with is that there won't be as much resale value in the future, I will need a buyer who's ok with scratches. I also have the carnelian and compared to guilloche, the carnelian feels easier to resell.
good to think about too, thanks!

One thing to keep in mind about guilloche if you do not own it already; in photographs and even when looking at it, it can look like there are scratches, but when you turn the piece the scratches move or go away. The “scratches” often are actually curved reflections from the setting. I’m certainly not saying that scratches are impossible, but when guilloche was first released I was hesitant because I had seen photos and videos that looked like they had scratches, and now that I own several pieces I realize that this is often an optical illusion.

I have tried to take some photos of different motifs. Hope you can see the fine scratches I have there. Considering that I did wear this nonstop for several months, I think it still looks beautiful. However, I must say that I am not very rough with my jewelleries meaning I take them off when I am cooking, exercising, showering and etc. Equally, I am not the one who is super careful either. I just wear it as I like and enjoy^_^
Really hope this helps.
Happy New Year!

View attachment 4944189

View attachment 4944190

View attachment 4944191

Is it just me, or does anyone else see no visible scratches at all? I see some specks that look like it might be dust (I get this on my guilloche pendant and after a thorough wash it looks good as new). If this is what the bracelet looks like after a few months of regular wear, I'm definitely going to stress a bit less over this piece :biggrin:

Is it just me, or does anyone else see no visible scratches at all? I see some specks that look like it might be dust (I get this on my guilloche pendant and after a thorough wash it looks good as new). If this is what the bracelet looks like after a few months of regular wear, I'm definitely going to stress a bit less over this piece :biggrin:

Lvlovercc on Youtube wears her guilloche bracelet 24/7. She actually shows the wear and tear of her bracelet after one year, and it still looks really good! Definitely no longer as radiant as her pendant, but still very shiny (I’m also convinced shes got some dirt buildup rather than just scratches alone)

Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but can anyone comment on wear and tear from regular use for the earrings? I mean, I feel like it's probably safe to assume that earrings won't show wear as quickly as a bracelet just because ears are a lower-traffic area compared to wrists. But on the other hand, I wince every time I'm forced to hold a phone to my ear and I hear my earrings click against the screen!

Apologies for dredging up an old thread, but can anyone comment on wear and tear from regular use for the earrings? I mean, I feel like it's probably safe to assume that earrings won't show wear as quickly as a bracelet just because ears are a lower-traffic area compared to wrists. But on the other hand, I wince every time I'm forced to hold a phone to my ear and I hear my earrings click against the screen!
I wear mine 2-4 times a week and had them for 3 years, they look brand new. Some minor scratches from picking up the phone (I assume) but they are barely noticeable. Definitely one of my favourite items from VCA.

Hello everyone! I don't own any Van Cleef jewelry. My birthday is approaching, and I was thinking about the Alhambra vintage earrings in guilloché. Does anyone own a pair? I heard they can be scratched easily. Is that true?
I love other stones, but I want them to last and I'm concerned about water or perfume damaging the jewelry.

One more question: do Alhambra earrings in the vintage size hold their value? Does anyone know?
Thanks!

I wear mine 2-4 times a week and had them for 3 years, they look brand new. Some minor scratches from picking up the phone (I assume) but they are barely noticeable. Definitely one of my favourite items from VCA.
Hello I also look to buy this pair. My SA told me the pair will be heavier than the stone VA. Do you have the weight ? Can you weight one for me if not ? Tu be sure I can carry it the whole day .. Thanks very much 😗

Hello I also look to buy this pair. My SA told me the pair will be heavier than the stone VA. Do you have the weight ? Can you weight one for me if not ? Tu be sure I can carry it the whole day .. Thanks very much 😗
I wear mine all day and don’t have any issues but yes they are heavier than the stones. I do not have the weight but can try to weigh them tomorrow :smile: