Gucci Vintage Information Thread

With digging, I came up with spring 2007, named after model Abbey Lee Kershaw. Please correct me if I’m wrong!

I don't think it was named after her. Almost every bag that came out in the Commercial lines (what Gucci used to call trans-seasonal, sig-print, non-catwalk fashion show bags) had cute female names like the Sukey. Some bags had obvious aspirational names later like the Rania (named after the Queen of Jordan) or Charlotte after Gucci muse Charlotte Casiraghi.

Reactions: BowieFan1971
Hello! Does anyone know what year this purse is from and what the style is called?

Thanks!
View attachment 4978233
View attachment 4978234
View attachment 4978236

View attachment 4978232

So far I'm thinking late-1960s/70s hobo.

The '69' GG sig-print was created in 1966 by Paolo Gucci, a combination of the diamond print which you can see on the red jacquard lining and an interlocking GG (the founder's initials, Guccio Gucci).

In the late 1960s and '70s the print was mostly used on luggage but coordinating hand and shoulder bags were sold alongside the ranges. We mostly associate the GG print with the GAC range (from 1979, a more commercial range of accessories, fragrance and gifts often sold outside of Gucci's main stores at airports) but this is most definitely earlier and a rarer piece.

The base is very Jackie-esque (1961) and this example would have been cut from a similar pattern, but this one wouldn't have had a name.

Do you have a better pic of the zipper pull?

This thread had helped to provide me with some information on several exotic vintage Gucci bags in my family around 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, our family home burned down and I am going through the process of identifying all the bags we had stored there...I know...I should have been more organized here, but it is what it is. I am not having success identifying one of the purses we had in the home. The majority of the exotics have turned out to be Gucci’s, one Hermès, but I have seen a few lower end Mapp & Webbs, Charles Jourdan and Beltrami’s.

These were my grandmothers, and unfortunately my mom, who was more familiar with the purses, passed in the fire. Posting the very vintage pics I have in the event anyone recognizes it here.

Thanks in advance. 28FA5FAE-F92F-4B0E-B87C-8B074446F4F0.jpeg4EEC1B32-E05F-48C7-8936-79461BB1CDFA.jpeg

Hi. Does any know the years of this vintage boston bag? I cant seem to find the same on internet. Thanks.

Attachments

• GG 1.jpeg
    GG 1.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 6
  • GG 3.jpeg
    GG 3.jpeg
    335.1 KB · Views: 6
  • GG 6.jpeg
    GG 6.jpeg
    337.6 KB · Views: 7
  • GG 7.jpeg
    GG 7.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 7
  • GG 8.jpeg
    GG 8.jpeg
    390 KB · Views: 6
  • GG 15.jpeg
    GG 15.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 6
  • GG 16.jpeg
    GG 16.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 6
Hi everyone. Nice to meet all the Gucci lovers here. I am in love with the Gucci GG pattern recently especially the navy and white ones. I have got a Gucci Navy Crossbody Bag in Japan and has it authenticated already. just curious about its past. Does anyone know which year was it from? And when did Gucci introduce the navy GG? Million thanks:smile:

Attachments

• 9A1D6105-98C9-4E78-92B5-132E4F3377DD.jpeg
    9A1D6105-98C9-4E78-92B5-132E4F3377DD.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 12
  • A8D40E7D-4355-4E0F-8FAF-27BE3AF986F7.jpeg
    A8D40E7D-4355-4E0F-8FAF-27BE3AF986F7.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: papertiger
Hi! I was wondering if anyone had more information about this bag? I have only found one other picture of a bag in this style. Wondering how old it is and maybe what style (for research purposes - id LOVE to know more about it!)

Attachments

• Image (4).jpeg
    Image (4).jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Image (5).jpeg
    Image (5).jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Image (6).jpeg
    Image (6).jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi, does anyone have any information as to my grandmother's bag pictured below?

Name, year, materials used, rehab advice etc.

The tan trim didn't respond to a dab of Renapur so I assume it was painted rather than dyed through and would have to be repainted.

Many thanks

1616872455470.png
1616872565902.png
1616872894102.png

Hi, does anyone have any information as to my grandmother's bag pictured below?

Name, year, materials used, rehab advice etc.

The tan trim didn't respond to a dab of Renapur so I assume it was painted rather than dyed through and would have to be repainted.

Many thanks

View attachment 5037096
View attachment 5037097
View attachment 5037099

I tried to google it and I believe it is the Gucci Vintage GG Micro Drawstring Bucket Bag or at least a similar name. Can't really find any information re materials. I'm assuming monogram canvas, painted tan synthetic/leather trim/strap and a synthetic lining.

Last edited:
This thread had helped to provide me with some information on several exotic vintage Gucci bags in my family around 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, our family home burned down and I am going through the process of identifying all the bags we had stored there...I know...I should have been more organized here, but it is what it is. I am not having success identifying one of the purses we had in the home. The majority of the exotics have turned out to be Gucci’s, one Hermès, but I have seen a few lower end Mapp & Webbs, Charles Jourdan and Beltrami’s.

These were my grandmothers, and unfortunately my mom, who was more familiar with the purses, passed in the fire. Posting the very vintage pics I have in the event anyone recognizes it here.

Thanks in advance. View attachment 4984750View attachment 4984749

OMG what a sad story.

Sorry I cannot help you on the bag's name, I wish I could

Thanks in advance. View attachment 4984750View attachment 4984749
So sorry for your loss. Heartbreaking. We also had a fire in 2003, but thankfully no loss of loved ones. I can't imagine. Sending prayers.

Hello Gucci Vintage Experts, I found this Gucci Bag and the seller does not know anything about it. Does anyone of you which style it is or when it has been made? I did screenshots, these are not my pictures. Thank you very much for your help!

Attachments

• 1797A6FB-9E59-44FF-BEBD-689B419E1AD5.png
    1797A6FB-9E59-44FF-BEBD-689B419E1AD5.png
    445.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: CharlyParis