Gucci Vintage Information Thread

Spotted at my local consignment shop. Anyone have any background on age of this beauty? The price is right and I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger. Appreciate all advice!

View attachment 3734574View attachment 3734575View attachment 3734576

Interesting piece but not very expensive in its day. It mimics some of Gucci's solid real 18K gold and sterling silver evening purses of the day. If it's a good price and you like it, go for it. If recent experience is anything to go by you may see similar on the catwalk any minute ;). Personally, I think it's very cute.

It's from the 1980s GAC line. GAC was launched 1979 to make Gucci accessories more accessible and was affiliated to their fragrances etc and sold in dept stores and airports (whereas Gucci's mainline was sold at their standalone stores).

Is there anything else you want to know?

Okay - this gem is so gorgeous in real life. Any info I could get on it would be so greatly appreciated. I absolutely adore it .

Thank you so much for any assistance you might be able to provide :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 415
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    227.1 KB · Views: 423
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 423
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 428
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 424
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 423
Reactions: doni and papertiger
Okay - this gem is so gorgeous in real life. Any info I could get on it would be so greatly appreciated. I absolutely adore it .

Thank you so much for any assistance you might be able to provide :smile:

Beautiful, 1980s lizard and lined in boar

This type of bag was first produced in the early 1970s and later, when Tom Ford was CD the 'Blondie' was created with similar hardware (but more interlocking) and the 'Britt' takes its inspiration from this idea too.

Beautiful, 1980s lizard and lined in boar

This type of bag was first produced in the early 1970s and later, when Tom Ford was CD the 'Blondie' was created with similar hardware (but more interlocking) and the 'Britt' takes its inspiration from this idea too.

Thank you so much Papertiger! You have so much knowledge and are so kind to share it with us!!

Reactions: papertiger
Hallo,
May someone tell me the era ?
Furthermore, I think it's Nilo croc, what do you think.
No serial number :sad:
Regards

Attachments

• IMG_3362.JPG
    IMG_3362.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_3363.JPG
    IMG_3363.JPG
    153.1 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_3364.JPG
    IMG_3364.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_3365.JPG
    IMG_3365.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 391
Hi! I got this bag at a consignment store, any idea of when this was made? It's lizard and the inside is the Gucci suede that peels to fabric (sadly peeling). I've been looking everywhere but can't find info on it. It has a GG gold tone chain to use it as cross-body. Thanks!IMG_0970.JPG IMG_0971.JPG IMG_0972.JPG IMG_0976.JPG IMG_0977.JPG IMG_0978.JPG