Gucci Unique Pieces Designed by YOU

That awesome. Gucci is taking note from Fendi but expand the customize service. :P

Gucci have been doing custom orders since the 1930s but mostly for VIPs or at Gucci's whim. Everyone could have made to order Jackies, NBTH and Stirrups from certain flagships since 2011 so the practice isn't new, just the bag. We feel lucky and happy because we weren't sure whether AM and MB were going to carry on the practice.

Does Fendi do Made to Order bags too?

PT - do you happen to know how long it takes them to customize??

It's not really customisation since the customer picks out the side panels, hardware and trims so this will be a brand new bag made exactly to the customers specs.

I think it'll depend on how many orders need to be processed. The whole bag will need to be made from scratch so probably months. I've had MTO shoes taking just a few months but a bespoke pair that took 2 years. I'm sure it won't take years though, it's not Hermes :biggrin:

Since payment is usually be at 50% up front for MTO, visitors to a city will likely place orders at flagships and then Gucci can send the bag on to the nearest/convenient local store or arrange for complete payment so they can ship it home.

This is all basically guess work from my own experience of MTO/MTM. I've only just read about the new MTO Dionysus on FB but it's something I will def be interested in myself.

:tup:

It's not really customisation since the customer picks out the side panels, hardware and trims so this will be a brand new bag made exactly to the customers specs.

I think it'll depend on how many orders need to be processed. The whole bag will need to be made from scratch so probably months. I've had MTO shoes taking just a few months but a bespoke pair that took 2 years. I'm sure it won't take years though, it's not Hermes :biggrin:

Since payment is usually be at 50% up front for MTO, visitors to a city will likely place orders at flagships and then Gucci can send the bag on to the nearest/convenient local store or arrange for complete payment so they can ship it home.

This is all basically guess work from my own experience of MTO/MTM. I've only just read about the new MTO Dionysus on FB but it's something I will def be interested in myself.

Thank you so much - I am pretty excited already!

This is very exciting! I would love to costumise my own :yes:

I'd better start saving because I haven't bought my first Gucci yet but my wishlist is getting bigger by the day :rolleyes::roflmfao:

So glad to hear we're converting you to the Gucci side Crunchy!

I think we should start a thread called 'My Gucci Habit' :biggrin:

Gucci have been doing custom orders since the 1930s but mostly for VIPs or at Gucci's whim. Everyone could have made to order Jackies, NBTH and Stirrups from certain flagships since 2011 so the practice isn't new, just the bag. We feel lucky and happy because we weren't sure whether AM and MB were going to carry on the practice.

Does Fendi do Made to Order bags too?

I'm not sure if Fendi does MTO bags...but when I saw the picture, I thought people can just pick out the embroidery pieces to just customize the Dionysus. I remember Fendi does that for one of their bags. But I didn't realize you can completely customize the Dionysus the way an customer would want it.

I'm not sure if Fendi does MTO bags...but when I saw the picture, I thought people can just pick out the embroidery pieces to just customize the Dionysus. I remember Fendi does that for one of their bags. But I didn't realize you can completely customize the Dionysus the way an customer would want it.

The Dionysus seem like the other MTO proceedure. Choose colour/skin, then hardware, then details (and probably personalise too) and wait. I'd like to check which sizes. Looks like the original Med and the Large. It's a miracle I hadn't bought one already but none were quite perfect.

Oh, now I want to know which Fendi customises just for my information :graucho:. I need to check out the Fendi forum for fun

Really love Fendi lately. Not everything, but some of their peekaboos and Strap Yous are amazing (and very practical too).

I think Anya Hindmarch did custom patches as well, but they were very cartoon so I didn't look very closely.

A bit more about it from Elle Malaysia

http://www.elle.my/fashion/News/You-can-soon-DIY-your-own-Gucci-Dionysus-bag

They confuse MTO with customisation. Actually it seems there's even more choice than I thought. Styles also include the Dionysus Top Handle (which has the bamboo handle). You can also have letter patches

"The latest fashion house to hop onto the customisation bandwagon is none other than Gucci. It's about time too! The Gucci DIY Dionysus project allows customers to personalise the plain Dionysus bag with an array of embroideries, trims, hardware and even monogrammed initials. The Dionysus Top Handle bag is also available for customisation, albeit with a slightly different menu.

The embroideries for the plain Dionysus bag includes motifs of plants, animals and insects. The trim comes in a variety of colours, and are available in crocodile, python and suede. If you want, your monogrammed initials can also be embellished with Swarovski crystals.

For the plain Dionysus Top Handle bag, choose from four types of leathers – crocodile, ostrich, python and "moon leather – from a palette of 18 colours. Meanwhile, the striped Dionysus Top Handle bag can only be customised with "moon leather" and crocodile leather, in 12 colourways. Customers can also choose the hardware finish and shoulder strap colours, and have their initials embossed.

The initiative launched in Gucci's flagship store on via Montenapoleone, Milan last month and was inspired by Michele's philosophy: "the way you dress is how you feel and that men and women should feel authentic and free in the expression of themselves."

The customisation service will soon expand to Gucci's Ace sneakers and Princetown shoes, as well as men and women's ready-to-wear pieces. Stay tuned to find out if Gucci will bring the DIY Dionysus project to Malaysia."

It sounds highly probable. Do you have September birthday or do you go to Rome in Sept? :graucho:

Guccigirlkells and LVChanelLISA does this mean we're triplets, all owning the Joy, Valentine's Leather Hearts Boston? :party:

Don't you think that bag suddenly looks better than ever, better than it ever did in 2009? My new GG-plus fringed studded pumps were made for it - 6 years later. :lol:

I'm as sure as I can be Gucci will have the service in a few US flagship store locations

I'm excited too :yahoo:

I better start saving... again :girlsigh:

PaperTiger, the hearts Boston is probably my favorite Gucci bag ever produced. Years later, I wish I had bought a 2nd one as a back up in case anything happens to mine lol

It will look great with the new shoes you posted. Great combo! I have the Gucci sandals that matched the heart collection. A funny side note- they were the last pair in the store (size 7). I'm a size 8.5. I bought them anyway and have worn them many times through the years just because they match lol. They are a little small, but too cute not to wear together. lol

Happy shopping!

PaperTiger, the hearts Boston is probably my favorite Gucci bag ever produced. Years later, I wish I had bought a 2nd one as a back up in case anything happens to mine lol

It will look great with the new shoes you posted. Great combo! I have the Gucci sandals that matched the heart collection. A funny side note- they were the last pair in the store (size 7). I'm a size 8.5. I bought them anyway and have worn them many times through the years just because they match lol. They are a little small, but too cute not to wear together. lol

Happy shopping!

You go beyond, and then a little bit more :ps:

I have the same bag in the same colour and size (grey large New Bamboo Top-handles) but they are different shades of grey (not going 'there' :okay: :graucho:) plus one has shw and the the other ghw. So far I haven't attempted to buy the same bag in the same everything just for a spare - that shows you really, really must love the Leather Hearts Boston

I've had some ambiguous feelings towards that bag TBH, now though I can't wait to dig it out :P

I also couldn't suffer for the beauty for co-ordinating shoes = OUCH! In fact I almost didn't get those GG studded loafers because the available pairs in the UK were not my size.

It has been a while, but Fendi used to make any bag in any leather/skin as the customer wants with no mark-up. Then I think they limited the service. Maybe they're offering it fully again.

Great news about the Princetowns. I'm going to order one in croc!

Thanks for the info, I had no idea. I'll keep in mind, you never know :graucho: