Gucci Stirrup Top Handle Club

I'll start. Here are a few of my "regular" stirrup bags, in Cherry, Off white, and Cuir

Gucci1_zpsqnegb1ur.jpg

IMG_2183_zpsdbisjsrf.jpg

IMG_20150506_092220087_zpslfgiu5oz.jpg

Fantastic stirrups!

This must be your favourite Gucci style, am I right?

Did you know you can have them 'made-to-order' at some of the flagship boutiques? :groucho:

Would you call the Nice line a type Stirrup bag as it has similar hardware?

Fantastic stirrups!

This must be your favourite Gucci style, am I right?

Did you know you can have them 'made-to-order' at some of the flagship boutiques? :groucho:

Would you call the Nice line a type Stirrup bag as it has similar hardware?

yes, this is my absolute fave bag in the whole world!! I love love LOVE it, I'm really trying to force myself to not get another one of these bags, because there are a few bags that I want and have yet to snag, so once I get every other bag I want in every other color I want, then I'll return to my first love, and will certainly look into some of the customization options available. The Nice line does have similar hardware, I guess they are pretty similar, and I especially love the Microguccisima styles in those. I also have lady stirrup bags, which I also love so much and they are completely different so if that can be considered along the same line, then certainly the nice bags could.

Such beautiful bags, immigratty! I adore the shape and the hardware. I think I must look into these bags because they are gorgeous. I particularly love the cherry color :love: Thanks for sharing (enabling) :smile:

Such beautiful bags, immigratty! I adore the shape and the hardware. I think I must look into these bags because they are gorgeous. I particularly love the cherry color :love: Thanks for sharing (enabling) :smile:

thank you so much. I am a bag-a-holic, but this stirrup top handle is my absolute fave bag [if you can't tell]. The cherry was L.E. so may be a bit more difficult to find, but PT stated above that you are able to personalize these bags. Cuir [camel] and Black and sold on the website, and I went to the Gucci flagship store in downtown Chicago...no wait, it was the booth at Bloomies and they had a STUNNER in navy. Had to run out of the store!!! hahaha this one you can most likely find in the retail stores / booths in more than just Cuir and Black.

thank you so much. I am a bag-a-holic, but this stirrup top handle is my absolute fave bag [if you can't tell]. The cherry was L.E. so may be a bit more difficult to find, but PT stated above that you are able to personalize these bags. Cuir [camel] and Black and sold on the website, and I went to the Gucci flagship store in downtown Chicago...no wait, it was the booth at Bloomies and they had a STUNNER in navy. Had to run out of the store!!! hahaha this one you can most likely find in the retail stores / booths in more than just Cuir and Black.

Thanks for the information.

I have been a fan of Gucci for over three decades, but I kind of got away from them in the last decade. I am now taking a renewed interest because of all the new styles, leathers, and finishes. The ability to special order this particular bag is very nice! Of course the cherry was LE lol! I always love the LE or hard-to-find colors!

Is the Cherry part of the LE 1921 edition? It's fab. Gucci have to hand stain the leather with is a much more costly process.

I'm not sure that the hand-stained version can be bought even as part of the MTO range, but I'm sure they do a dark red. The MTO is for the 3 bags Gucci thinks are most iconic, original stirrup, BTH and Jackie. There is a choice of hardware with the MTOs too. They have a 'Grape' (beautiful rich purple) that would look stunning on a stirrup with any hw. I'm having a hard to time NOT ordering a BTH in that colour :lol:

Thanks for the information.

I have been a fan of Gucci for over three decades, but I kind of got away from them in the last decade. I am now taking a renewed interest because of all the new styles, leathers, and finishes. The ability to special order this particular bag is very nice! Of course the cherry was LE lol! I always love the LE or hard-to-find colors!

yes, this color is TDF. I really loved Frida, I was devastated at her departure. I know most ppl are huge Tom Ford fans, and I purchased a few items from the Tom Ford era, but the majority of my recent purchases came during the Frida reign. Most of what you see now is still from Frida. Just waiting to see what Alessandro will bring.

Is the Cherry part of the LE 1921 edition? It's fab. Gucci have to hand stain the leather with is a much more costly process.

I'm not sure that the hand-stained version can be bought even as part of the MTO range, but I'm sure they do a dark red. The MTO is for the 3 bags Gucci thinks are most iconic, original stirrup, BTH and Jackie. There is a choice of hardware with the MTOs too. They have a 'Grape' (beautiful rich purple) that would look stunning on a stirrup with any hw. I'm having a hard to time NOT ordering a BTH in that colour :lol:

yes the Cherry was LE 1921, I believe it was for 90th anniversary. I love all three of those bags, funny thing is, I have yet to get a Jackie. I'm really liking the new Jackie that kind of looks like a Diana, minus the Bamboo handle. I have not yet seen the grape, which is probably a good thing, but yes, that would look amazing with the stirrup hw, or BTH.

yes, this color is TDF. I really loved Frida, I was devastated at her departure. I know most ppl are huge Tom Ford fans, and I purchased a few items from the Tom Ford era, but the majority of my recent purchases came during the Frida reign. Most of what you see now is still from Frida. Just waiting to see what Alessandro will bring.

I liked Tom Ford, but I really liked Frida too. I personally like Tom Ford's own line of bags now. It will be interesting to see the changes that Alessandro makes.

I really would like a top handle now (as in right now lol!), but I don't want another black bag, and, although I have cognac-colored bags, I never use them. In fact, I never really use any of my bags that are in the brown color spectrum other than my LV bags.

I thought it was 1921. Can you believe they were out 4 years ago, where does time fly?

I liked the FG bags made under TF, and I have no complaints with any of FG under her as Creative director.

I used to think everyone was a TF fan only, but on facebook and word of mouth I'm hearing more and more how people are shocked by her treatment and departure.

Yes, I'm interested to see what AM bring to the table but I have my arms crossed, he better be brilliant! :sunnies